Burny Les Paul Custom (1983?)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, great.

I assume you would cover postage costs of such an exchange or refund?

Cheers,

Sam.

Ok, well as I said before, anything business-related can be discussed via e-mail at a later date.

Sam.

Ned and Ian,

I'd normally send one of you a private message about this but being as nothing appears to be sacred on the Tokai forum anymore, I'll make it public.

Y'know, I really can't believe I'm saying this again. AGAIN AND AGAIN I see sh1t thrown around on the Tokai public forum. You have got to get a handle on this guys. 90% of this thread is PM content. Is it because there is no Moderator listed for the Burny topic despite the fact that we see 'stimulating' moderator input on the thread.

Mark,

I'm appalled by the barage of indirect public abuse you recieve on this forum. If I were you, I wouldn't have even bothered rising up to the sh1t posted up here about you and your business transactions. In saying that, I understand your right to defend yourself in public.

oldflame said:
Ned and Ian,

I'd normally send one of you a private message about this but being as nothing appears to be sacred on the Tokai forum anymore, I'll make it public.

Y'know, I really can't believe I'm saying this again. AGAIN AND AGAIN I see sh1t thrown around on the Tokai public forum. You have got to get a handle on this guys. 90% of this thread is PM content. Is it because there is no Moderator listed for the Burny topic despite the fact that we see 'stimulating' moderator input on the thread.

Mark,

I'm appalled by the barage of indirect public abuse you recieve on this forum. If I were you, I wouldn't have even bothered rising up to the sh1t posted up here about you and your business transactions. In saying that, I understand your right to defend yourself in public.

Well said! I agree 100%

Back on topic of the guitar. :lol:

Mark; I forgot to ask about the rare colour. (This is just from my lack of knowledge about guitar finishes in general); you mentioned earlier that is wasn't a refin.... how is it possible to ascertain whether it's a re-fin or original finish? Or indeed anyone else know much about this subject?

Please note all: NOT a dig there- genuine question!! :)

Feel like I've walked into an awkward silence and am treading on toes here. :oops:

Sam, to check the finish of any solid body like your Lester, or even a Strat, just access all of the hidden areas; i.e. pickup routes, jack route, toggle route, control/pot route

If there is no obvious sign of another color, you can attempt to remove some finish, in order to determine if there is another color underneath

I would be very surprised if your blue finished Burny is a refin; I suspect the blue is an original finish..........

Having chatted to Mark in PMs, I have now edited my original post to remove the bits that had caused offence. I accept that Mark hadn't seen the thread; now that he has, it seems that he has made suitable offers to remedy the problem (assuming there is a problem, which I can't comment on).

As it is clear that I offended Mark, I am happy to repeat here the apology that I made to him in a PM, & I trust that he will accept this. My wording was clumsy and badly chosen, and wasn't a true reflection of what I was trying to say, which is why I have removed it.

However, I have to say that I do not feel that any of this has damaged Mark's reputation. A good test of any business (1 person, or mult-national company) is to see how they deal with complaints. In this case, it would appear (from what other people have said) that a genuine mistake was made in the dating of the guitar, and Mark has responded by offering to replace the guitar or refund the money. Therefore his reputation is intact, and possibly even enhanced by what has happened.

I think one lesson to learn from this (apart from being more careful what one says.... :-? ), is that if a similar situation develops in future, the best thing to do is to drop a line to the person involved to bring their attention to the thread as early as possible. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done that. Next time (if there is a next time) I will do so.

So Mark - sorry for my badly chosen words. :oops:

Mike

I edited my post too. My problem is one of egocentricity (there is a better word for this here, but I can't think of it right now), basically, because I look at almost ALL the new posts daily, I ASSUME others do the same, which is obviously and logical, ridiculous. And for that assumption and thus my remarks about ignoring the thread, I apologize.

Back