Edwards bridge replacement

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesone

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone replaced the bridge on their Edwards Les Paul?
I was comparing the mounting studs with my Gibson and Epiphones and the Edwards are really very thin. The Gibson and Epis have a size similar to the tail stop stud - maybe 10mm but the Edwards looks around 5mm.
If you have replaced your bridge (and I was hoping to put in a Faber) what did you do about the studs?

Regards

John

I noticed that when I wanted to put another set of wheels on the tuneomatic that they wouldnt fit

I guess you are pointing me to those replacement bridge studs. Looks good!
As I'm in England I'd like to order these directly from you when they become available.

Regards

John

4mm sized to be exact - 98LTC.

I've used a "Duesenberg" bridge with steel sadles (sp?) and without the unholy rattly clamp. Sounds good, less rattle, more sustain on a pretty "airy" guitar.

www.rockinger.com

i slapped an aluminium GOTOH tailpiece on mine... it was a direct replacement since the stock tailpiece is Gotoh too.

I know this isn't much help, but... i used to own an Epi LP onto which i placed a Gotoh tailpiece, it too was a direct replacement.

From this, we can deduce that anything that fits on an epi will fit on an edwards... now just find out if Epi and Gibson are interchangable and you'll then know more accurately which Tailpieces will fit.

IMO, all tailpieces fit all LP style guitars... it's the studs that differ. Some have metric threading, some imperial. But you can use the actual Tailpiece that comes with imperial studs to put onto pre-existing metric studs... get what i mean?

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back