Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What pick-up's have you put into your Japanese Love-Rock?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEFTY-GT
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: What pick-up's have you put into your Japanese Love-Rock? Reply with quote

Hi There, this is my first post so try to bear with me until I find my feet. I've just bought a 2002 Lefty Japanese Golt Top Love-Rock, and while I love the bridge pick-up, I hate the one in the neck, far too "wooly" for me. Has any one changed they're pup's? I've been looking at Seth-Lover's and Burst-Buckers and have even thought P90's, anyone any thought's on this??

Lefty-GT
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Duncan Alnico 2 pro's in mine.

Very warm and clear, with distortion they really sing and you can hear every note clear as a bell.

You may want to consider the Duncan Jazz for the neck too.

A few companies do the humbucker-sized p90's now.
LEFTY-GT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019, I agree about the Alnico pro's, I have one in the neck of my Hohner L59(excellent Les Paul copy), with a custom-custom in the bridge. I have made my mind up, though, I'm keeping the bridge pick-up in,(my gold-top, that is) it's as good as any I've heard.Now I just have to find a neck pick-up with a nickel cover to compliment it. Would it be too outrageous to have the original PAF style in the bridge, and a hunbucker-sized P90 in the neck? would it work?

LEFTY-GT
Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Sorry. Way too outrageous.
LEFTY-GT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do ya think???
ramsale
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Everest LP is now sporting a pair of Bartolini neck pups, and they sound great. I took out the chrome HBs, and was worried that the black soapbar looking Bartolinis might ruin the cosmetics. They didn't. The sound is very rich and lots of low end. (What I was looking for...) It makes sense, if you replace a cheap copy HB with a more expensive name brand set-up, it'll prolly sound alot better. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: