TAD Amp Kits for Blackface - Experience?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi! I am seriously considering buying a TAD kit for a BF Deluxe Reverb.
I am fairly good at soldering, but I don't have a PhD in electronics.

Does any of you have experience with those kits? They don't come cheap, around ? 1200.-- including speaker, so I'd appreciate to get some advise before I order.

Thanks a lot!
Cheers! Rupert

Rupert,

they're claiming that only profs should assemble / solder this pieces together ... High Voltage could be threatening your life ... :eek: :eek:

So - with all respect ... buy it - but let a prof do the necessary steps to let it run ... :wink: :wink: :wink:
BTW - I own a '94 Fender DRRI and it's a keeper !!

Roger

I feel expensive for me,maybe you German people feel do not feel as I percive.I got a Mission Amps tweed deluxe kit for about 400 euro and a friend assambled it to me,great quality and excellent sound!

luis said:
I feel expensive for me,maybe you German people feel do not feel as I percive.I got a Mission Amps tweed deluxe kit for about 400 euro and a friend assambled it to me,great quality and excellent sound!

Luis,

TAD is well known as being overprized ... but on the other side they're having alot of good stuff there ...
If I were the smart Austrian fellow who's buying all the stuff available all over Europe at the moment ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... I would go for a DrZ head ( 300 additional bucks) or try to find a 'real DR' for less money ...

Roger

rgrafend said:
Hi! I am seriously considering buying a TAD kit for a BF Deluxe Reverb.
I am fairly good at soldering, but I don't have a PhD in electronics.

Does any of you have experience with those kits? They don't come cheap, around ? 1200.-- including speaker, so I'd appreciate to get some advise before I order.

Thanks a lot!
Cheers! Rupert

hi rupert,

i changed a fender deluxe reverb reissue into handwired using the parts of TAD.
the cabinet with 1 x 12 naylor speaker and the trafos had been the old, the handwiring on the eyeletboard with all parts incl. all tubes is new
(ca. 300 ? without montage).

the difference in sound is significant:
before it was not bad, but a little bit harsh and "brizzy". now it`s like it should be, no more questions. we are talking about a difference of 20 %,
that`s no complete other world, but ways better now.

i am professioal gutar player in blues, jazz, rock, country etc. and suppose, if you have all from TAD (trafos, pinewoodcabinet , etc.), it could get only better.

friendly greetings hanno

Back