Tobacco Road.......

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOKAI JOE said:
8) yo mr.mijvintage, u r livin in japan? then where? i am from yokohama...

u r originally from where?...............r u an english teacher or..........joe, 8)

I reside in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

Before moving to Minnesota 6 years ago, I lived in Dallas, Texas, for 15 years.

Dallas is home to the Dallas Guitar Festival, formally known as the Greater Southwest Guitar Show; originated in 1978 by Jimmy Wallace, Mark Pollack, and the late great Charley Wirtz of Charley's Guitar Shop fame.
Charley was a friend & mentor to the late Stvie Ray Vaughn.
Charley is pictured on page 167 of 'The Beauty of the 'Burst'.
Also, before moving to Minnesota, I saw 14 Eric Johnson shows, in the space of 29 months; everyone should be soooooooo lucky........

I was born & raised in Shreveport, Louisiana, and lived in Shreveport for 26 years, before leaving for Dallas.

Shreveport is home town to James Burton, Jimmy Johnson, Woody Wilson, Danny Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and just a spit up the road (Mooringsport, LA) is the birth place of Huddie William Ledbetter, better known as Leadbelly.
In his early years, Leadbelly played to crowds in St. Paul's Bottom aka Ledbetter Heights, a notorious redlight district in Shreveport.

One of my all time favorite memories of living in Shreveport was the 1983 Stevie Ray Vaughn concert, at Veteran's Park.
Besides seeing & hearing one of the greatest electric guitarists of all time perform an incredible show that day, we were very curious to know who that yound 'kid' was, sitting on Stevie's amps, throughout the show.
Years later we found out that kid was none other than a 7 year old Kenny Wayne Shepherd, whose father (Ken Shepherd) was the show's MC.
KWS now lives in Benton, which ironically is where my Mom & Dad now live.
KWS is also married to Hannah Gibson, although he prefers Fenders, LOL.........

Am I an English teacher?
No, I'm just a bum with a penchant for a good six string & lots of good blues, lol...........................

Now, don't you hate that you asked? LOL..................................

Here's a quick shot of some Tobacco and Tweed, Tokai Style

P1010014.jpg

ES100, Breezysound TE-55, Les Paul Reborn Retrospec, Love RockII
and ST-100

Chris

Back