What Super Real model do I have??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akarst

Reaction score
Take a look at these pictures of my 1979 Super Real :

http://www.item.ntnu.no/~akarst/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2521

Here's the info that I have gathered so far:

-3 piece top
-2 piece body
-Pickups marked 291108
-Sticker gone...
-Serial L797222
-Fret edge binding
-Dowel neck joint
-Greco Deluxe tuners
-Plain top
-One pot marked 504042

What do I have here...??

Those kind of tops ( the 2 parts being not centered) it's typical of the 500/ 450 models, I'd say EG-480.

I have one exactly the same except it's Tobacco burst.
Same L (december) 1979 serial, 3 piece top, solid body, fret edge binding etc.
It's a late 1979 EG-500 Super Real with U-1000 pickups and my one sounds great.

japanstrat said:
I have one exactly the same except it's Tobacco burst.
Same L (december) 1979 serial, 3 piece top, solid body, fret edge binding etc.
It's a late 1979 EG-500 Super Real with U-1000 pickups and my one sounds great.

hi
i got what i think is a super real eg 500 from 80 ,,,, with inked serial 0 52xx in nitro tobacco burst with greco deluxe turners a heel cap and a chambered body ?????????????? 2 piece top 2 piece body 80/20 % black papar caps pick up number 200121...... dowel neck .. with out fret edge bindings ...

just to let you know ... :D :D
otto

It's probably the model lower then the EG-500.
It's probably a EG-450 or something like that (I can't remember it exactly) anyway it would be a EG-4?? with the chambered body and no fret edge binding and no Super Real logo.

japanstrat said:
It's probably the model lower then the EG-500.
It's probably a EG-450 or something like that (I can't remember it exactly) anyway it would be a EG-4?? with the chambered body and no fret edge binding and no Super Real logo.

hi
it has super real on the head ......
otto

The Super Power logo guitars are usually like yours with the chambered body, no fret edge binding etc but some have solid bodies.
I think you might have a EG480 with a Super Real logo although from the catalogues I didn't think they had a Super Real logo but maybe some did.
The Super Real EG500's that I've seen have a 3 piece top, fret edge binding, a solid body and a Super Real logo and around late 1980/1981 they become a EG500 Super Power model.

I doubt it' s nitro on that kind of models. But the varnish is so thin that it can look like nitro.

BUt there's till a slim chance that it could be nitro as it's difficult to tell when the poly finish stops and where the nitro finish starts. Some very expensive models like FB-980 have poly finish when some cheaper models like RB-700 have nitro finish...

'akarst' guitar has now got a new home. Its mine....Got it today, and its a
really nice guitar.

Greco1.jpg

Back