Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Stage/Pedal Tuner?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skybone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg DT-10 is pretty good. Well built, sturdy case and very accurate, doesn't cost the earth either.

Speaking of not costing the earth, I used to have a Danelectro DJ-25 Chromatic tuner which was brilliant. Saying that, the Behringer one is pretty darned cheap.
eddie h
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: tuners Reply with quote

got a seiko st600 quartz tuner for birthday about XX years ago(same style as the boss tu range) never let me down, although I also use a little korg ga20 especially when teaching as flashing lights and digital readout seems better for students learning to tune. Onstage I just used the tuner on Zoom 4040 pedal although my tokai never needs much tuning even with my own particular style of thrash.
kevcaster
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Stage Tuners Reply with quote

Hi
I have Boss TU2 which has been perfect for 5 - 6 years or so, used every week at rehearsals and gigs. I cannot hear the difference if it is in line or not so I wouldn't spend for true bypass. A mate has the Korg which he prefers - bit more sensitive - seems to eat batteries a bit.
3 chords and the truth
stratman323

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having used the Fender PT100 for a while now, I'd say it's not quite as easy to use as the Arion Stage Tuner I had for years. It's better made and the display is bigger, but it just seems too fiddly. Or maybe it's too sensitive?

Mike
jeotokai
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: pedal tuner Reply with quote

KORG DT-10
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got an Arion Stage Tuner off eBay for ?20, & I prefer it to the expensive Fender I bought new
andyscott
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glamrockmegastar wrote:
Just bought a Planet Waves pedal tuner.

This thing is awesome as far as tuners go. True bypass. Optional muted switching. Strobe or sweep mode. Great display. Accurate to one cent. Adjustable calibration. Built like a tank.

All for $139 AUD. Before you buy Korg, check it out!

I have one of those, it's a good tuner but I found it emits a rather unpleasant beep in sync with the LED flashes when it's engaged and supposedly muting all output. I only notice this when other pedals are present, on it's own it's fine. I've bought a few expensive pedals recently and that's when it showed up. Apparently it's a known issue so I emailed PW but got no reply.

I'm about to hang it off the end of this:

http://www.little-black-box.co.uk/single-loop/single-loop-with-tuner-out/prod_27.html

It's a good tuner in terms of being able to see it clearly and quickly get in tune but I've read it can be up to three cents out. For more demanding applications I use a Peterson software tuner, Strobosoft. Needless to say it's excellent. It's also relatively inexpensive since there's no hardware involved. If you do any computer based recording it just sits there one click away so there's no excuse for out of tune recordings any more. It's also great for setting up intonation, my guitars have never been in better tune. BTW, I set up my intonation by pressing at the 2nd and 14th fret, not open string and 12th.
Glamrockmegastar
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscott wrote:
Glamrockmegastar wrote:

This thing is awesome as far as tuners go. True bypass. Optional muted switching. Strobe or sweep mode. Great display. Accurate to one cent. Adjustable calibration. Built like a tank.

I have one of those, it's a good tuner but I found it emits a rather unpleasant beep in sync with the LED flashes when it's engaged and supposedly muting all output. I only notice this when other pedals are present, on it's own it's fine. I've bought a few expensive pedals recently and that's when it showed up. Apparently it's a known issue so I emailed PW but got no reply.

I only use this one in line with my bass rig, so no other pedals in line. I will try it with the guitar rig & a few pedals to see if I have beeping too. However it's strange that it makes beeps while it's supposed to be true bypass.
fury_dice
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss TU-2 for me - I can't notice any perceivable loss in tone when it's in the chain and the accuracy and speed are fine. The Korg DT-10 also gets good write-ups on HC and if you're lucky you could find the 'limited edition' black case model with blue LEDs which looks uber-cool
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing for 30 years, never ever used one, never even owned one, all by ear and on the fly...

Mick
andyscott
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glamrockmegastar wrote:
andyscott wrote:
Glamrockmegastar wrote:

I only use this one in line with my bass rig, so no other pedals in line. I will try it with the guitar rig & a few pedals to see if I have beeping too. However it's strange that it makes beeps while it's supposed to be true bypass.

No beeps when in bypass mode, only when the tuning function is engaged and while using the 'mute' output. It may be dependant on which pedals are used too, and in which order. I had it as my first pedal and then four others after it. I think it was a kind of a G sharp beep it emitted, not exactly useful!
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadguitar_323 wrote:
Been playing for 30 years, never ever used one, never even owned one, all by ear and on the fly...
Mick

That's what I used to do, until one particular gig when both guitars went badly out of tune (no idea why), & I struggled to get them properly in tune afterwards.

Also, using the "kill the sound" feature means silent guitar changes in mid set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: