bacchus Duke or Tokai LS145 - the P-90 dilemma!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsman

Reaction score
hey there,

I'm still in need of a p-90 equipped axe and have narrowed down my choices to the following:

Tokai LS145s
Bacchus Duke

Can anyone please tell me what the neck profile is on these guitars. I'm looking for a nice chunky 50's type neck.

also, in terms of build quality/electronics/harware, does the Tokai trump the bacchus?

any input is greatly appreciated!!!

-prsman

Hi, I have no experience with either of these but I did see a few Dukes hanging in shops last summer when I went to Ochanomizu - beautiful guitars with the oil finish! So nice that I almost picked one up, and I was after a strat!

J.

hey there,

yeah I'm referring to the Bacchus Duke Master with p-90s

The neck has a 58 profile according to the guy selling this Duke master http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Bacchus-Nagano-Japan-DUKE-P90-BR-Oil-finish-Great_W0QQitemZ320160180807QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

prsman said:
Tokai LS145s -- Can anyone please tell me what the neck profile is on these guitars. I'm looking for a nice chunky 50's type neck.

I, along with several members here, have this Tokai:

S M O K I N' !

One of the best guitars I've owned. Chunky nec, though not as HUGE as a Gibson. But understand, it IS chunky. Amazing tone and playability.

As I stated in a previous post, blues master Duke Robillard played mine and he thinks it is great. He said it makes him miss his old P90 Goldtop.

I do not know anything about the Bacchus, but I guarantee that you would be very satisfied with the LS145S.

James

I am not letting go of my 145s it ranks very favorably against other guitars (gibson customs included, which are also great), with that said, if there is one guitar on the market, I'd buy without big hesitation, the duke would be it...

nice woods, oil finishes, p90s, a fair price... those guitars are winners as far as I can tell.

Back