Greco Zemaitis: anybody played/owned one?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Reaction score
Hallo! Does anyone have any experience with the Greco/Zemaitis range? I'm interested in getting a lower-end model from that range (a 1700 or 1900), but do they live up to the hype?

Well, i've bit the bullet and picked one up - should arrive this week sometime. Pics and review to come if anybody is interested.

Me too!

Just found a link to Watanabe on-line shop. They carry a nice line-up of GZ gits. The prices are not that bad if the quality is what it should be. I'm going to visit Nagoya before christmas, maybe if I'm kind enough, Santa might remember me... It would be something not everybody has.

Here's the link:

http://www.watanabe-mi.com/shopping/EG/03EG/GZ.html

And please Alan, tell us what you think when you get yours. May I ask how much did you pay?

I own one now. A nice GZ 1800 :D

Still in Nagoya. Nice city. Just too little time. I tell more tomorrow if I can handle my jetlag.

Ok, back from Nagoya with my new friend:

DSCN4733.jpg

DSCN4740.jpg

DSCN4736.jpg

DSCN4754.jpg

DSCN4744.jpg

I played a quick rehearsal yesteday with my band and I got to say it's the first guitar that I've owned that doesn't need any upgrades. The hardware is top-notch, electronics work like a dream and the Dimarzio PAF's really compliment the acoustic sound. I bought it used from Ishibashi in Sakae and payed 108 000 yeni for it. A money well spent.

DSCN4731.jpg

marcusnieman said:
Nice....what's it weigh?

I don't have a scale at home so I don't know the exact weight yet, but I can say it is quite light, lighter than my Goldstar. I'd estimate 3,5 kilos. When I get to my parents house, I'll weight it properly. I managed to see the ex-ray at the Nagoya airport so I know it's solid wood.

I tried to weight it but the result is a bit weird: a little under 3 kilos. It is a very light guitar, but I'm not sure my result is totally accurate.

Does anyone know how to date these guitars? I have no idea at all. The serial number on the back of the headstock starts with 03. So maybe it's from 2003? But it looks so new that it's a bit hard to believe it would be four years old. Please inform me if you know any better...

Hi Outsider, i'd say it is 2003, i have 2 tokais 1-2002 and 1-2003 models and they are both like brand new, very hard to tell that they are not new.
Cheers and a very merry Christmas.....Mick

Latest posts

Back