Tokai Love Rocks on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also hate the fat necks of Gibsons. Ned, am I to understand that Tokai guitars are no longer allowed to be permitted into ALL of North America INCLUDING Canada?? This is truly a sad development! I did a web search on international copyright infringement & only came up with more questions than answers. Does anyone know if this is a violation of N.A.F.T.A. & what the legal implications are?? I would really like to know.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry']

Ned,
I forgot to answer your 2nd question. I live in Sedona. North of Phoenix & south of Flagstaff. Been here about 20 years, but have not yet been down to Tucson.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gary']

Gary & Barry,

Sorry, can't answer your questions regarding neck size as I to am searching for a Love Rocks.

On the NA import issue, it's just the Love Rocks. You'll probably start seeing Talbos shortly.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

Gary,
The necks on the LS70's are bigger than the Korean guitars. They are fatter than the Gibson Les Paul Classics also . They are more like the Gibson Standards and other Custom Shop Gibsons. Does not taper as much around the 1-5th frets. The neck is not a bat though. If you like smaller ,thinner necks , the Korean guitar may be more to you liking. That neck feels real generic. It feels like eveything from Korea. It doesn't feel like a real Les Paul.Think more like Ibanez when you feel those necks.My reference guitar is a 69 Gibson Les Paul that I own.

I also got an interesting e-mail from a person who read my review on Harmony-central. He stated that the price for the Korean Love Rocks in Canada (he was Canadian)is $599 canadian dollars, which converts to $350 US dollars! He says that all the Americans purchasing these Korean guitars are on e-bay are getting ripped off! Very interesting I thought.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Richard']

HOGWASH!

Maybe you can get a used Tokai in Canada for $599 but you wont find a new Tokai for under $700, Japanese or Korean.

Also remember, American customers can't get them legally.

Hey, check out Songbird Music from the links menu. Their ad states that the Canadian dollar is 66 cents to the American dollar! They list a Korean Love Rock for $600 Canadian. That makes that New Korean Love Rock only $396. US dollars .And that's without asking about any discounting on price which most dealers do.

I saw that!! What are those Korean models made of?? You know, some are made of [yecch] plywood!
Maybe I'll buy another one!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry']

You can't get a GOOD Korean Love Rock for $600 Canadian. It is impossible unless it is made with alder and has a photo flame.

There are different Korean Tokais available, from plywood bodies, photo flames, bolt on necks.

The LE is mahogany with a real sycamore flamed top and a set in mahogany neck.

Anyone getting a guitar of the LE caliber for that price is getting away with robbery.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Derek']

Hey all. Check out my latest post about ebay Love Rock LE's on the Mike's Music topic page. You might find it interesting....

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Richard']

Hey All, Ijust bougth a 1988 love rock from songbird in canada. $614.00 u.s. dollars that included shipping and a hard shell case. I live in Minnesota. the duty on the love rock was $ 53.00. total cost= $ 667.00. the guitar is the black les paul standard. with cream pick guard.
the truss rod cover is 2 screw pointed bell shape
Its a great guitar love it !! songbird was great
shipped fast... Good people to deal with.
anyone with questions... I'll answer...
Bill

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Bill Kneeland']

Latest posts

Back