UK Tokai owners convention

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, lets get this rolling, if you're still keen Mike!

Copy the list below and add your details, lets see if we can get something going.

NAME PREFERED LOCATION PREFERED DATE
John_A Any Any

OK, we need to either get this going, or let it die if there's insufficient interest.

Suggestion - a venue in London one weekend in February. Please post here if you will be attending. Please also comment which day is best for you - I would have thought a Saturday afternoon/evening. This should allow people to travel and then return home, or stay over in a hotel, depending on their circumstances and location.

Please also indicate which part of London would be best for you - it will need to be somewhere that is readily accessible by both car and by public transport. When it looked like Ned would attend, I was wondering about getting a room in a hotel (Holiday Inn?) near Heathrow. I'd probably drive there with 3 or 4 guitars and an amp, and stay over so I can enjoy a few drinks in the evening.

However, if we don't have any overseas visitors coming, perhaps somewhere nearer Kings Cross/Euston would be easier for anyone travelling down by train from the North? Please express you preferences here, even if you have posted before.

Or if there are any alternative suggestions, let's have them too.

Please sign below

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
.... 8) 8) 8) .....
......... 8) ..........

Feb is fine with me
Saturday is fine with me
Kings-cross or Heathrow I don't care :D

A few more people committing would be good!

Springy ST80 & 2 LS80 Reborn Old's

I hadn't spotted this thread before.

Feb is good.

Sat is good (Can only do afternoon - work night)

Anywhere in london.

Can bring LS150 & Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special.

Hi Tokai Forum Folks!

Newbie (and long time lurker) Mole Man here. I would be up for the London meet. Hopefully I will have a Tokai ES-130 to bring along by February.

Best regards,
Mole Man

Depending on the date, count me in too... :)

I can make anywhere from Yorkshire to Oxfordshire... (assuming I'm in the country that weekend) - and London at a push too...

Another possible here, date dependent. I'll bring along one or both of my two Tokais - a Love Rock Relic and an SG Special.

So far, I'm looking at a Saturday afternoon & evening in February somewhere in London. Suggestions about where it should be held are welcome.

Hopefully, if it's a success, one of our more Northern members will arrange the next one somewhere a bit further North.

All suggestions welcomed. 8)

OK, well we need a room we can use from early afternoon till the evening, it needs to be part of or close to a reasonable hotel/motel for those who are travelling from further away. We need to be able to make a bit of noise, though not necessarily a very loud noise. (Marshalls can be turned down, can't they John?)

The ability to buy tea/coffee/beer etc, would be very welcome. It needs to be easily accessible by both car (adequate car park required) and public transport, preferably a maximum 5 or 10 minute walk from a tube station.

And not too expensive to hire for a day! Have I missed anything? Any suggestions?

Back