Vintage bridge for TE 50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitriol

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a vintage 3-saddle bridge that fits my Breezy TE 50 from 84/85? I just don?t like the feel of the original 6-saddle bridge.

Hi vitriol!

I can only offer an original plate. I sguggest you look into StewMac for the brass saddles. Amazing design, just the right angle to intonate her properly.

Cheers! Rupert

Ok, sound interesting. Does that mean that most brass saddles will fit the bridgeplate? If that is the case I might go for the compensated ones to get better intonation.

Yes, they will. All "serious" brass-saddles (1 for 2) are built for string-throughs like Breezys and Teles.

I tried quite a few and ended up with the compensated StewMacs. They might look "weird" at the beginning, but you'll play to the 17th in tune!

I've got this "hang" with my Breezy. I'll never give her singles any more. And come on: BRASS!!!! The strings talk to each other!

R

If you are interested in selling the bridgeplate you can try sending me a message :wink: I guess you know what you are talking about regarding that it will fit my breezy but here?s the link to some pics of it anyway :wink:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9161

vitriol,
I think I may have one -- I have to check.
I'm at work right now. :evil:

ochay said:
vitriol,
I think I may have one -- I have to check.
I'm at work right now. :evil:

Thanks, but I?ve got a deal with another forum member already.

i just put a Joe Barden bridge/saddle set on my TTE-50. it's the compensated three-saddle brass version. i can highly recommend it. i will never put my six-saddle version back on. the difference in sustain, and just all-around coupling is ridiculous. search ebay for "joe barden telecaster bridge" and choose the brass compensated one. good luck!

Yeah, I?ve heard a lot of good things about Joe Barden bridgen. Maybe I will give it a try.

Yeah, I?ve heard a lot of good things about the Joe Barden bridges. Maybe I will give it a try.

Back