Line6 PODxt

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybone

Reaction score
OK, I know this isnt an amp per se but it's near enough.

I was kind of getting a bit too used to playing through my tweaked preset's on the POD 2.0, was in need of some inspiration and had G.A.S. real bad, so I raided the piggy bank, the old & discarded pedals box and said goodbye to my POD 2.0.

The PODxt has more "front end" functionality than the 2.0, as it has a small screen with icon based graphics for the settings. Basically you can use the built in screen to edit settings without having to resort to "SoundDiver" on your PC.

Another function is the Microphone placement and type for your cab settings, although the best by far (IMO) is the Off-Axis SM57 emulation. On top of this is the fact that you have a number of stomp box emulations from the *M4 range of pedals, from classic OD's such as the TS9 and RAT to a MuTron phaser to Tape Echo's through to digital delay's.

The amp models are tweaked so that they use the Vetta "engine", but only 1 amp model is usable at once, unlike the Vetta's option of 2 at once.

In a nutshell, its bigger (not physically mind), its better, and a little friendlier to know. Sounds great too, has a few extra usable options, and you can use USB to connect with your audio recording software too.

Still no SoundDiver though! Come on Line6, pull your finger out![/i]

Latest posts

Back