Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my first Burny (RLG-90?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klyniss
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: my first Burny (RLG-90?) Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
New user, first post

After looking a long while for a good imported copy i finally found one here in Canada yesterday (on ebay)

Its listed as a '98 RLG-90 but from what i've read here and on other sites has me totally confused!

There is a stamp in one of the pup-routes 81810... has a two screw truss cover, pups have VH-1 stickers underneath but one has black wire and the other grey!

Also, it was advertised as having a long tenon, which from what i read here is wrong???

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180175192324&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Klyniss, It has the medium tenon neck joint same as my early 80's burny custom, he doesn't say long tenon , what he says is the neck tenon goes right up to the pickup cavity. I wouldn't worry to much as they are a good joint, as he says better than a LP standard joint. Looks like a very nice guitar, enjoy.
Cheers...Mick
klyniss
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mick for the reply.

Is the 1998 dating accurate? ... i have never seen so much confusion regarding date codes as on these Burnys
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a serial no on that model, apart from that i can only say the period that mine came from because of the headstock logo, {mines an early eighties custom}. There is another forum member MIJ Vintage and he has a few burnies, hopefully he'll chime in with some help, or try sending him a private message.
Cheers Mick
Ikkyu
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the parts aren't all original. I think the pups are later VH-1s, the earlier ones have braided wires. Often VH-4s are confused with VH-1s.
It's also strange the bridge and tailpiece saying "SG".
But if the guitar sounds good, who cares.
Enjoy it
klyniss
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a serial #, what looks like 81810 in the bridge route.

So if Burnys did not have serial numbers at all bewteen '82-'92 (like i read on one site) then it must be a 1998... but yes it does seem like a couple things are a bit off....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: