My Latest Addition...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorMan

Reaction score
My first Greco. I haven't received it yet. How say the experts? Good deal? Good guitar? Other comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110183808082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Cool! I'm anxious to get her.

Anyone know if the finish is nitro or poly?

Hi Mark, does the rr series have all poly finishes or some nitro and the egc 1000 you have for sale looks like my RR 65, cream toggle surround and gold volume and tone control knobs..?? i thought the custom model it replicates had black toggle surround and black knobs.
Cheers Mick

sorry mine should read EGC58-100 not EGC-1000

..i think the 55 had poly and the other 2 nitro..the 65 and the 98K differed only in the kahler..

the RR's were discontinued sometime early 80's and the EGC58-100 got the DRY 1982 PU and appeared in white..

I have never actually seen an EGC58-100 with the early Groove pickups...

I have a page from a catalogue with the 58-100 in it and it says groove pickups, it also has all the RR models and a few more. It shows all the RR models with gold knobs and cream toggle surround.
Mick

Hmmm, my RR65 is identical to your egc 100, i thought the 100's had fret edge binding. And weren't the black customs 58-100 models and the cream 68- 100..??
.................Mick

maybe mine is a RR65 then...I am not 100% certain its a EGC68 (or 58) 100..it was just a best guess...I have the same catalogue, but i have seen later EGC-100 with DRY 1982 PU instead of the Groove...i knew that was an EGC-100 cos it still had a sticker on it..lol although it was an EGC-1000 sticker!!

I dont know if the 100's have fret edge binding...I dont think they do...with the mint collection there are very few fret bound models...the LP 59 120 and above have it ..but i am not sure about the customs...

MIJvintage said:
looks very nice; let us know what you think after you've had some time to evaluate her

looks like the original/black FUJICON caps are MIA............ :( .............

Will do. I still have to do my normal clean, fret polish, setup, etc...

Don't know much about Fujicon caps. I haven't cracked her open yet, but I'll get those ceramics out and get some Orange Drops in...maybe tonight.

Latest posts

Back