Tokai love rock what year

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
check this out i'd like to know the manufacture year of this one
check the link below

http://imageevent.com/chingo123/tokailpstdblack19812543

claims it's inked serialnumber on it starting with 11

stage1987

Ok Thanks! i saw it's in the title but since there seem to be fakes and i'm not that familiar with tokais mostly play Grecos and Burnys thought it was better to check it up on this forum :) since there are experts here.

i got a link about the inked serial tokais from another member on this forum but since i haven't seen how the inked serial is supposed to look maby someone can throw in a pic of a love rock with a inked serial from this time frame :eek:

vintagecustom64

it looks exactly the same way mine looks on my 1984 Love rock custom. :lol:

The serial number in the pictures you show has 8 digits and it should be 7 digits but i also noticed that the first digits "1" dosen't make sense according to the tokai registry's serial number schematic for LR models, and if you look closely your clearly see that all the digits are off center compared to the open book headstock. Finally it is clear to me that the first "1" has not been stamped like the others and that the true serial numbers were over painted to cover it up. This mark is IMHO not from the factory and also IMHO this baby is really a 1981 Love Rock Standard.

i re-red my post and i wanna clarify a point.
when i said that the original serial must have been covered up:
the last 7 digits are IMO the original serial number but i think they shouldn`t show up that much in the picture..maybe they could have been painted the same color to match that mysterious 1.
Maybe some experts could enlightens us.

Cheer.

Hi!
As marc stated: 1981 Loverock. As there are no details I'd suspect LS50, which is not bad at all.

Apparently in fairly good condition; "chingo" is a well known seller, although I also heard it's not easy to deal with her/him. I never bought from him/her.

Cheers! Rup

Thanks for asll that info, i myself thought it looked to be a older version
looking at the pup,s and pu cavity and bindings which has yellowed ovwer time :D

So you believe the first digit has been put there later :eek:

the tobaccoburst one from same the seller seem to have a seven digit serial anyway what about that one then:eek:

vintagecustom64 :lol:

As anyone knows the 'experts' in the forum are unwilling to in anyway endorse anything that isn't be sold by themselves ... if you have any issue with my listings then please contact me accordingly.

Difficult to deal with - only because i refuse to sell to certain self-righteous (expletive) which includes the overpriced seller MIJ-vintage... which obviously doesn't go down to well with his mates here either.

quote " As anyone knows the 'experts' in the forum are unwilling to in anyway endorse anything that isn't be sold by themselves"
What a load of crap, is this the only post you've read..?? And here's an idea, put all the facts in your ebay advert and stop bagging prospective buyers and maybe you'll sell a few more guitars. the whole idea of this forum is to inform people about these great guitars and not one of us {including you } knows everything about Mij guitars. If you have something positive to add to this discussion by all means do, but making an appearence and bagging everyone won't get you very far..

What i'm referring to is this thread about this guitar - i have also noticed the inconsistency with the debate about the '11...' serial - it is in fact 7 digits not 8 as stated above - please check the pictures. The full serial is 1101737. Its printed under the top lacquer coat and all other details/specs of the guitar as per the ebay listing.. The first listing stated that it was a 2001 until a barrage of viewers sent emails saying that it was 1981 based on info on this site. Now with this thread i end up with a further barrage claiming that i'm misrepresenting it... so on and on it goes... If it is 2001 so be it ... i'm not really interested in claiming it to be something its not and its priced accordingly. cheers

Back