Bought a Tokai LC-65, need a little info...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Serial number is "9803285", does that mean it's made in 1998? It has the Gibson LP Custom style "diamond" inlay on the headstock, is that common to Tokai LC-65's? Pickups are highly microphonic, I'm going to have them wax potted. It seems that they are never potter actually. Brand of the pickups is Gotoh. Do you think that wax potting will cure the problem. Anyone else had the same problem with Tokai's pickups.

The guitar has been snow white but has yellowed to nice cream color. Cool vintage look! Did Tokai use nitrocellulose lacquer on their guitars. As far as I know, only nitrocellulose lacquer can turn to yellowish.

Super great guitar I must say!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'J.']

Yes, your guitar was made in 1998. The LC designates it as a LP Custom replica. Don't know the answers to your other questions unfortunately.

How do you like it?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

I do like it alot! Plays wery easily and sounds great too... I had to buy it the second I saw it. It's not everyday when you see a nice cream colored for sale. I am the first owner. The music store I bought it from had somehow forgotten it to their warehouse for about three years.

This is my first Tokai. I had an Epiphone Les Paul Custom couple of years ago but this is so much better in everyways.

I don't have a picture of it right now, but as soon as I get one, I'll post a link to the pic here.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'J.']

Latest posts

Back