1980 ls 80 reborn old

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarccoco

Reaction score
i think someone just won one for $1076... i bid but lost by $25.00 at last minute.. i asked the seller a question about what model it was, but he didnt get back to me. it looks like an ls 80 at least mabey better..

ebay number 300152661639

well experts, what model was it?

i think $1076 was a steal! :x

I am just waiting for an '80 LS100 to be shipped from Japan. Interested?
In a case? DiMarzios, fret-edge binding, brass saddles, almost mint. Beautiful VF.

:p :p :p

Cheers! Rupert

makobou2001-img600x450-119010530417.jpg

Seller didn't respond to messages.

One bid was cancelled because of it.

He didn't reply to me either. I think this prevented many people from bidding.

i just asked him if it was ls 80 or what. he didnt answer. it alarmed me, but it also looked like ls 80 because of fret binding.

so i took a chance and bid with 30 seconds to go. oh well didnt win. i thought at that price it owuld be an excellant bargain.

IMO, not worth risking it if the seller won't respond to you. The 'winner' of the auction may not get their guitar!

Had the seller do a acetone test and finish disolved... Also he took pups off and claimed no information in cavity.. Claimed no stamp on last fret but sometimes overlooked.. Have tracking no. but at this pt. no guitar should have in a week or so.,... Had some trouble wilt seller on communication was either hot or cold,,but seemed like good person!! Most of my dealings on ebay are 50-50 with seller buyer communication... Like a buyer wanted me to relist a guitar and buyer in now at specific time of listing but did not buyer until 4 days later.. Claimed to be out of town.... Will let you know how guitar plays thanks bob

My final bid was much higher than 1076... Ebay bids I think 2% higher than the second highest bid... So even if I would have bid 1,000,000.00 US dollars for that guitar the wining bid would have been $1076.00... Bob

hi crazdog... may i ask what your high bid was????? :D

i tried to toss a bid of 1150 at last 30 sec, but did not make it....

$1495 but I had to go so i put that bid in 4 hours before end of auction. Do not have the guitar yet but seems ok for seller set me the tracking no. I am paying extra for insurance so keep an eye on everything... At least an 80 nitro finish (at least that is wht seller told me) We shall see finish did disolve in "nail polish" which from what I understand is a lower %of acetone... Just have to wait and get my hands on it ---more like my fingers... Just have to see how it plays of course this is the most important thing... Will post pics later Thanks Bob

i was going to stop at 1150, but its worth 1450 thats for sure. i would have had it by now because i also live in california, he lives in southern california.

the acetone test is good. it doesnt just go right through the nitro though. on my st 80 i had to really look to see it desolve. i tried it in the rear trem housing. i thought it would melt right away like butter, but it was much more subtle than that. it desolved quicker on my US '62 reissue that is blue.

I did the test on my 120 and the laquer did not disolve (100%acetone nail polish not 100%) quickly the first time the second time it disolved .. It takes a little longer to disolve... Will let you know when arrives Thanks Bobv

Latest posts

Back