PickUps on your Tokai!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

1982 Japan 'burst LoveRock need new PUs!! i'm leaning toward Duncans ('59 on neck and JB on bridge), any opinion? what are your PU config on your Tokai gits!? any brand suggestion? models??

The whole point is::

squeeeeze the most tone out of my axe..please help..fellow axe men.

btw, i've got this 'wonder' look from people in the store as i open the case & plug in the amp ..everyone said.."wow..the infamous law suit guitar.." (with vigor..) or "this feels like a gibson,..it's a gibson!"

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Tones']

I just took my ATE-52 to my local guitar guru to get the pickups changed to Dimarzio Twang Kings (got great reviews on Harmony Central). I'll let you know what I think of them soon. Just a note, I got a similar reaction when he saw my Tokai, "do you know what you have here?" He was stoked and told me about how when he was a guitar tech for Joe Walsh's Japanese tours back in the 1980's everyone on the tour would get Tokais and said he still has his Tokai Strat and thinks it's an awesome guitar. He was also shocked when I told him I got mine (lefty to boot) for $300 on e-bay.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'augustin25']

The absolute most tone-ful humbucking pick-ups are made by Tom Holmes. They are the closest to the original PAF pups as you will find today.
Model H450 for the neck and H455 for the bridge.
Check out reviews on Harmony Central. I have 5 sets in guitars and they are killer.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'ultra']

Latest posts

Back