1985 Love Rock on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dosmun

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160158087584&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Does this not look right? The nut and headstock look messed up in the one pic.

Looks like it's had a hard life, but that's not to say it won't be a great player rather than a collectors piece.

Not all original, but the new tuners and pickups are improvements on the original bits if it's a guitar to play you are after.

Looks to be genuine and the price is very good.

Maybe it's the way the pic was taken, but the tuners look as though they're attached at strange angles? :eek:

stratman323 said:
Maybe it's the way the pic was taken, but the tuners look as though they're attached at strange angles? :eek:

If you use the original holes from Kluson style tuners for Grovers then the do look a bit odd, work fine though, that's the main thing.

I'm glad you told me that John, I'm thinking of replacing the cheap and nasty Gibson/Klusons on my Gibson Blues Hawk (great guitar, crap tuners), so I'll bear that in mind. Maybe I'll put up with the ones I have!

Mike

dosmun said:
In the pic of the headstock it looks like there is a large gap between the nut and the faceplate on the headstock.

All looks OK to me, maybe just the light, maybe it's had a new nut at some point.

Really nice top.

However, it's an export version first of all (i.e. dimple-headstock), which of course has no influence on the build-quality but might scare some collectors.

However, then I do not understand why the seller would put on a Gibson TRC, which IMHO is the reason why the gap to the nut is bigger then usual. However, it also implies there's a newly drilled hole in the headstock as the G-TRCs have slightly different specs to the Tokai-TRCs.

And just one more point: why do you think did the owner put the bridge up the wrong way round? Weird... but probably means that this babe really hasn't been played too much (at least not above 3rd fret...).

So I suspect the owner tried to make her look like a Gibson (would also explain the new tuners).

Below you see a pic of my '85 LS150, which looks VERY similar.
Front.jpg

Latest posts

Back