got a new es155

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roe

Reaction score
I got it from edo studios for a good price. it looks great.
the finish is natural.

nice thick neck. much better than the thin gibson 1960 neck that my es335 has. I will compare the two ES guitar quite extesively during the next days.

the 155 has high output bridge pup (10,7 k or something) which I might change later.

the only strange ting is that the label inside the f hole says LS-155, not ES-155. :eek:

Roe,please make a longer review,I?m very hot for an ES at this time....

will do. I'm doing a to b tests with a 2001 gibson es335 - not the custom shop version. I'm using a ceriatone trainwreck express, a metroamp jtm45, a clark 6g6b, an alessandro rottweiler and lil dawg champster

Thanks Roe!

It?s interesting thesting a guitar through several different amps to see how it reacts. I do this with mines : Marshall clone and Fender clone.
Sometimes a guitar works really well with one but not with another,specially a deluxe tweed which is a very special amp.....

with the 6g6b: both guitars sounded tight and punchy with a very good and quick attack. a bassplayer and studio tech with good ears said the tokai sounded more defined and had more details. but different strings and pups can contribute a bit.

unplugged: the 155 sounds a bit thicker than the 335.
with a express: the 155 seems to have a bit tighter bass than the 335.

I very much prefer the neck of the 155. the sound difference is not as huge as I expected

I love natural finish,my favourite "colour" on a ES type guitar....I love to see the grain on the wood(I became very interested in knowing about wood and carpenter job as I currently teach 15 carpenter apprentices (among another young people)now and sometimes have to be with them at the place to take care of them).

I sold the gibson es335. :wink: the es155 is a bit brighter, thiner, punchier and more defined than the 335.
I got the tightest and punchies bass I've ever got from a hollowbody with the es155, a clark 6g6b and a tremolux 2x10" w/a california and 10a150.

will you take her?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320158307883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

I shall.

frankly, I've never seen as ES155. Could you post some details, please?

Cheers! Rupert

skatterbrane marT I-Vs are installed in my es155. I'm gonna try them at rehearsal today. first impression is that they are sweet yet punchy and that they have a very good harmonic complexity and a distinct sound

Back