Yes! A 1980 Burny FLG-90

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johan

Reaction score
I just closed the deal on a 1980 Burny FLG-90.

I hope it's a good one! Ships today...

All original, no mods or breaks. Could be a Tokai case though.
Looks SWEET :)

http://web.telia.com/~u42237675/burny/burnyflg90.htm

b01.jpg

Wow! That is a sweet one. May I ask where you received it from? And, probably, too personally, how much?

Retro Bazar in Japan. Priced at 75.000 yen
:D

Thanks! I'll keep you posted once I get it.

wow! that's $650 US... awesome deal mate. guitar looks killer. give us a review once it arrives.

Retro is japan vintage guitar shop.
there are so many fun in japan.
it is hard to get guitar from us or eu at this shop.
it be sold only 2 ~3 hours.

thx .
report by moon from jp.

Johan what is the serial number? I have one almost exactly the same -wild flametop with ser#7077-

Heavy beast though !!!

If you ever want to sell that Burny .PLEASE let me know..*s*..
Beutifull guitar. good job.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
J & G

Lots of work and some vacation away from home so I haven't spent much time with them but this week I not only received the Burny FLG90 but also a MIJ ES335 (Campbell by Tokai, see another thread).

They both need to be adjusted to me. Both had 009 string and super low action with some fret buzzing. Still, initially, I feel they are both some of the best deals I've done.

The Burny is beautiful. Very good condition with only some light dings here and there. Look very much like a 50's LP.
Some Burny specs: Paper-in-oil caps, one piece mahogany back, solid maple top with veneer flame maple top, neck heel cap otherwise one piece mahogany neck, fret end binding (although on all I've seen this is barely visable - maybe half a millimeter). Neck is not 50's fat, more like a slim 60's and very comfy. TYhis guitar is LIGHT. Alot lighter than my 9,1Ibs R8 I once had. With some 10's strings and a bit higher action this will be a perfect LP for me. This is the 5th LP I've had and the one that speak most to me.

I'll add some pics this weekend! :)

Back