Tokai NEW MODEL 335 W/ BIGSBY TREM Nat. Flame on E Bay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the Gretch model is Korean. Anything with that large headstock is Korean.

Ned

one more thing-

What would int. shipping and customs clearance e.t.c. add up to to get a guitar from abroad? Has anyone here got a guitar from abroad-was it ok-how much did you pay???

thankyou very much-
Sam

I would add that if the guitar doesn't already have a hardcase, you NEED to buy one with it for international shipping.

In my experience, perfectly well-educated postal staff are mysteriously blind to words like 'Fragile' or 'Handle With Care'. :evil:

Hello Sam,

The Silver Star is the better guitar, IMO. It's almost 20 years old, looks in decent shape, has a narrow neck for good playability and the big headstock (which I think beefs up sustain a bit, and looks cool). I own two, a 7okai (early 70s replica) with an even more narrow neck (1 9/16), and a Tokai (the 1976 replica) with a 1 5/8 neck. I play them all the time, even over my Fender Hendrix Tribute Strat. The pickups are excellent, as well. These are real sleepers. Even with shipping, they're a deal. The only thing I've had to do is make sure that the 3-bolt screws are nice and tight, because I've had some neck play when I first got them - I snugged them and they're fine now. I'm almost tempted, but then I have no more closet space, and I would be put out on the street if I did by She Who Must Be Obeyed. :eek:

Steve

Yea-

I dont know. If I lived in Japan I would. I'm not sure whether I should just wait for another one to come along located in EU. But that may be some time...

Back