Help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modland

Reaction score
Im a real novice to when it comes to home recording, anyway, I use cubase, and i record a base track, when i try to record a second track, it plays the first, but records the first again too, so it makes the first channel doubly loud, anyone know where im going wrong, im using a mic, direct into the soundcard on my pc,

I'm looking at spending some money getting some equipment so i can do it all better, anyone want to give me some help in the right direction?

Difficult to diagnose at a distance.. but here goes...

Ok so you record arm, the red button, on the first track and put down a track.. then unclick the record button on that channel and click record on the next channel... You do this on the main page where what you have recorded appears as a graphic representation... The individual channel strips appear on the left hand side of that page... think of these channels as a seperate track track on a tape machine... hope that helps..

Which version of Cubase are you using?
Which soundcard are you using?

I suspect that you are recording the second track onto the stereo pair of the first track, and re-recording the first track while monitoring it (if you know what I mean).

Back