Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Setup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Home Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skybone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRR - Hope you're good with a soldering iron for your Line Out cable, as it's not a standard XLR! When I had my TSL122, I ended up having to make my own cable, using the schematic in the TSL's manual (download the PDF version from Marshall's site if you haven't got it). The tone from the Line Out is not as good as mic'ing your cab, nowhere near in fact IMO.

How do you find SX3 to use? I'm still using v5.0!

An Alesis SR-16 is a nice sounding little drum machine IMO, and relatively easy to programme as well.

I use a PODxt for recording, as I can't really mic up my amp due to living in good old suburbia...
LoveRocksRule
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am totally loving cubase SX3 its so simple to use and u can get great results without having any experience with PC recording...

i mean this is the first time i have ever really tried out recording with my computer... and cubase SX3 makes the task so darn easy... i actually find it easier to use than a proper hardware multitrack recorder...

Skybone i am not to bad with a soldering iron , i used to work in a guitar store where they had me whipping up XLR cables and installing new pots into guitars and amps... i do actually recall seeing the pic in the manual with diagrams for the type of XLR lead u need to get use of the emulated line out..

i tried recording with my mic lead today and well ur right Skybone it aint a normal XLR cable coz when i wasnt playing anything u could see my input on the mixer and the green bar to show ur input signal was sitting half way up and tbhat was without playing a note... when i did start playing the record levels was really horrible... so for now i am gonna just stick with my sennheiser e840 mic.. it gives me a pretty decent signal for what i am doing anyways...

i have just been learning how to work Cubase and so i have just been downloading midi files for songs that i like then opening them up in cubase and taking out everything except the drums and bass, and then i have recorded all the guitars and vocals myself just so that i can get an understanding of how everything works within cubase
LoveRocksRule
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skybone wrote:

I use a PODxt for recording, as I can't really mic up my amp due to living in good old suburbia...

i live in a high rise block of flats i dont care if my neighbours dont like my guitar being loud they can go F**K themselves
SteveDoG
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who is new to recording on the computer might like to check out relatively new recording programme on the market, called Reaper by the people at cockos.. It's a free non crippeld fully fiunctional demo and the private licesne is stupidly cheap, ala 50 bucks or thereabouts, considering what the programme can do.. The midi side is stil it's weak point but that is gradually being brought up to spec. literally, on a daily basis.

It takes a little practise to get the hang of it, but once you have and you have a regular way of recording things, it can be saved as a template and booted up for every new project.. it also cmes with a pretty decent set of built in plugins..

It's also relatively light on processor demands, which is always a good thing...
Kenmac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on that SteveDoG. I've been using Reaper since it was in the version 0.09 series and it was still free. It's really come a long way and Justin Frankel (the developer, who also came up with WinAmp) posted the beta 2.0 version on the Cockos website a few days ago.

SteveDoG wrote:
Anyone who is new to recording on the computer might like to check out relatively new recording programme on the market, called Reaper by the people at cockos.. It's a free non crippeld fully fiunctional demo and the private licesne is stupidly cheap, ala 50 bucks or thereabouts, considering what the programme can do.. The midi side is stil it's weak point but that is gradually being brought up to spec. literally, on a daily basis.

It takes a little practise to get the hang of it, but once you have and you have a regular way of recording things, it can be saved as a template and booted up for every new project.. it also cmes with a pretty decent set of built in plugins..

It's also relatively light on processor demands, which is always a good thing...
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, i had never done computer recording either and am now using reaper as well. what is the difference with the updated version.?? oh and i use a plug in called "SIR" which has speaker cab emulations and i use the pre amp out on my Fender Performer amp. I am realitively new at this process but i am getting good results....cheers ...Mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Home Recording All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: