Best early Tokai Les Paul model?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very very few 1979 reborn laminate ...I have only seen one ever...must have been late 79...

in 1980 the reborn/reborn old had a percentage of laminate tops I would guess around 25% buts thats just an estimate based on the ones I have had.....theres no rhyme or reason why or when ...its just random it seems...

then for the late 80 love rocks... I have never seen a laminate topped one

thats all I can tell you ... :)

I've only owned one Tokai Lester; a 1981 LS-50 Love Rock but I just took the plunge and purchased a 1981 LS-120 solid top (non laminate)

I hope it's worth the hype.......................

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d77796985

(pictures to be erased soon)

This LS-200 was won at Yen 373,000. I was surprised, but
this is one of the best early model.

Hi villager!

Make sure I never find your place! I might come up and start to negotiate one night. :D

And I'll bring good wine and very good cheese. So it'll be dangerous.

Cheers! Rupert

Btw: how's the 200 doing?

P1010001-1.jpg

Just a shot of my plain ole' '79 reborn LS80......;)
You can imagine how this thing sounds.......even better than it looks!

This came from the man in France - cheers Mark, how are you?

i am well ....still building my studio..got a cornford hellcat just waiting to be abused ..heh..

rupert ..the 200 is undergoing extensive trials..hehe so far so good..

Studio sounds like a cool idea. I'd like to visit and help you abuse that amp sometime! I once tried a Hellcat and I liked it. I like my Cornell 'Plexi' a lot too, though. The Reborn sounds amazing with that amp and I picked up a '64 SG Junior recently that sings through it too.

stratman323 said:
What happened in 1995? Did Gibson quality improve?

villager said:
they started making historic type guitars

Historics started in 1993, before this there were the so called "Pre-Historics" that began around 1983 but did not have long tenon neck joints.
There may be some long tenon LPs around that were made in 1992, there is nearly always overlap when Gibson makes changes to their models.

It is a sad fact that Gibson build quality goes up and down, I don't think it's a secret that some well known players of Gibson LPs put a new
fret board on the guitar before using it!

can anyone tell me about ls-50 made in 1980, what sort of specs and prices they would be now to buy.

thanks

Stereohigh said:
can anyone tell me about ls-50 made in 1980, what sort of specs and prices they would be now to buy.

thanks

2, or more likely 3-piece, back and top, 14 degree headstock angle, as oppose to correct 18 degree found on LS80 and up-over. Goto pickups, no fret-edge binding, but still a very nice guitar, probably ?500ish in the UK.

JohnA said:
Stereohigh said:

thanks

2, or more likely 3-piece, back and top, 14 degree headstock angle, as oppose to correct 18 degree found on LS80 and up-over. Goto pickups, no fret-edge binding, but still a very nice guitar, probably ?500ish in the UK.

Three piece tops on LS-50's and two piece tops on LS-60's. Both are poly finished. I have owned both in the past and they make for wonderful guitars.

Back