Cornford Hellcat Combo

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hellcat = enough gain for you and all your neighbors, no need for pedals, think older Joe Satriani for leads, sweet!! :D

I'm thinking of maybe buying a HC head or combo or MK50H head and 2x12" if the price is right.

Hi Mark - I guess you should bundle the next shipment to Austria....

Did you ever play the beast with some SD singles? Has it stopped by now?

Cheers! R

I tried a few Cornfords and then a Princeton Recording Amp winked at me and it was love at first twang. I had to find a psychic to ask Leo if I could marry her.

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=2152000000
[/url]

I really like the head. best of both worlds, beautiful cleans and enough gain for metal. I love the reverb. If I need any spice on top of the sound then I just use Visual Sound's H2O for some chorus and/or echo.

How about you and your combo?

its wonderfull, I am playing with less and less gain as the vintage channel is just so responsive, the sustain is like its on a button for some guitars ...its a brilliant tool for testing different sounding guitars, it enhances the character of each guitar ...if u know what i mean....and its so so loud...for the first week I had to go round tuning my studio to stop all the vibrations in the radiators, cabinets, etc..lol every possible thing that could vibrate was strapped down....i love it and I am recording and playing a lot more ...but thats also cos me house is finished and the studio finished, and i am settling for the winter...lol....

To be totally honest, can't say that I'm a Cornford fan. However, the Hellcat will sound sweeter with G12H Celestions as opposed to Vintage 30's. Even better if you can pick up a old Marshall 4x12 bass cab with them already fitted.

Back