Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gibson wins again against Canada !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duba56
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Gibson wins again against Canada !!! Reply with quote

Just informed by JSD'S guitars that Tokai will not be making guitars anymore for the Canadian market,Gibson is putting the screws to the canadian market and I suspect it is just not worth the battle. For those who have not bought a Canadian model they far better than the ones made for the UK. the necks and fretboards were awesome and if you have a Canadian model I recommend you hang onto it.
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and thanx for the info ...

... another 'restricted area' on the Gibbo globe!!!

Roger
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Gibson wins again Reply with quote

Thanks,it's very frustrating that Gibson has the gaul to try to control the market. I Gibson Les Paul Custom and a Les Paul Standard AAA Premium Plus. However I use my Tokai's over my Gibsons whenever I perform. I am so tempted to ship them back to Gibson and tell them how insecure they must be about their products, I bought an Epi 1956 Gold Top and it was a piece of crap. I sold it at a loss and bought a Tokai Gold Top with P90's and it is the best playing and sounding guitar I have ever played !!!!
I have dealt with JSD'S Guitar Shack for a few years and Kevin has been awesome to deal with and I will be at a loss not buying from him again.
I really wish we could do something as consumers to stop this insanity from a company that is becoming the Wal Mart of the guitar industry.
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are still people with lots of cash who keep buying all they are able to grab ( as an investment ) ...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9070-2326252,00.html

... Gibbo will be given credit for such a behavior !!

... and they will not stop in correcting the market at their purpose !!!!!

Roger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I would say just the opposite. The models I have bought from the UK were far superior to the ones I bought from Canada.
duba56
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's just playing preferance. I have a made for the UK ALS 48 and the necks are designed more like a 60's (thinner neck) opposed to the Can ALS 48's which are more like the 50's designs a much thicker neck I like my UK model immensly but I prefer the thicker neck of the Can model. I'm pretty sure I got the year neck profiles correct : )
I will post a picture of the Black Tokai Custom when I recieve it,it's a beauty.

TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just buy from Japan, until Gibson invades.

Mark
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to worry about that . The Japanese LOVE Gibsons. Japan is their largest market after the USA.
achzappa
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: canada rocks the love Reply with quote

i bought this beast of a unit in canada,,.was the best looking thing in the store,..,when i picked it up i was like god danm this aint no hunk of junk,.,.gave me shivers down my spin,.,.got to love the LoveRock ,.,.,.,..,

ROCKON
[img][/img] [img][/img][/list] [img][/img]
burnyIII
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gibson wins again against Canada !!! Reply with quote

duba56 wrote:
....Gibson is putting the screws to the canadian market.....

Jep, but what else could Gibson do?
The quality of their intruments is low (swiss cheese, short tenon, meanwhile they mill instead drill) compaired to their high prices, so how can they keep their high profits without lawsuiting against smaller companies like Tokai?

But i think Gibson will not able to stop true Les Paul lovers from buying good Les Pauls (what means neither drilled nor milled, no short tenon, no ceramic distortion PUs), and that without paying 3000 $ or more to the US-drill&mill-company.
Clever les paul lovers will always find ways to import good japanese instruments.
And the less clever stick to Gibson

CYah
Burny

Btw: yes, it was my intense to provoke al little, i hope this is a place where that is possible, that is not run by drill-and-mill-company disciples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: