Greco Mint Collection Clown burst

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJvintage

Reaction score
here's a new acquisition, a Greco Mint Collection, I believe a 1990, has the long neck tenon, the body back is nearly 1 piece (has a small 2nd piece at the control route bottom) which I was very surprised to see.
Weighs in at a perfect 8 lb. 12 oz.
Could be a keeper :)

Greco909.jpg

Greco906.jpg

Greco905.jpg

Greco903.jpg

still not sure if mine is an LS80 or an LS120 coz the specs for both models match my guitar.

p1110148bo4.jpg

Ozeshin said:
still not sure if mine is an LS80 or an LS120 coz the specs for both models match my guitar.
As fa as i can see on your pic - there is no fret binding -
So it's neither LS80 and LS120.
What is the S/N?

togps said:
Ozeshin said:
As fa as i can see on your pic - there is no fret binding -
So it's neither LS80 and LS120.
What is the S/N?
s/n:5031157
So if niether of those models...what the hell is it?
There is binding but the frets seem to sit on top the binding if that's what you mean?

Is there any advantage to fret binding? My 97 Gibson LP Special has this, though I think the guitar would look better without any binding at all.

119_1963.jpg

stratman323 said:
Is there any advantage to fret binding?

In my opinion, no. It's more decorative than functional - considering how nice you can get your standard frets done these days. I think it's more of a finishing detail on higher end guitars from days gone by that is disappearing.

The bad thing about it is that when you need a fret job, in most cases that edge binding takes a beating - if its saved at all.

MIJvintage said:
here's a new acquisition, a Greco Mint Collection, I believe a 1990, has the long neck tenon, the body back is nearly 1 piece (has a small 2nd piece at the control route bottom) which I was very surprised to see.
Weighs in at a perfect 8 lb. 12 oz.
Could be a keeper :)

Greco909.jpg

Hi, is this a setneck LP? because i have almost the same greco LP, serial 0 xxxx. except for the fact that there's a single bolt on the joint. i cant find any information regarding this. im not even sure if it was made in 1980 or 1990. guys if you have any info on this hybrid neck, i'd really appreciate it. thanks

has the long neck tenon, no screws here :)

I belive it's a EG59-70 'Mint Collection'

If it were a 1980 model, it would have more than just Greco on the head stock face; it's a 1990 for sure

villager has one, a 1991 model in honey burst, on his web site, for$1K

EG597001.jpg

thanks for that pic. here's mine, any info on this is greatly appreciated
smallmatchview.jpg

smallguardview.jpg

longtennon.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

serial starts with 0
IMG_0184.jpg

but has a one bolt at the back

I've seen mention of the ones with the 'screw' in the neck end, here in the forum previously

I've actually never had my hands on one so, I'm not really familiar with them

I would guess villager might be your man for info on those

Isn't that the strap button?
It looks like someone moved it to the same location as an SG.

MIJ- I have a 1990 Greco that looks just like yours.According to the 1990 catalog, the EG700(EG59-70) should have the Dry pickups.The pups in my guitar are unmarked but they look and sound just like the Dry 1982 pups in
another Greco LP that I have.They are really great guitars.

diland said:
MIJ- I have a 1990 Greco that looks just like yours.According to the 1990 catalog, the EG700(EG59-70) should have the Dry pickups.The pups in my guitar are unmarked but they look and sound just like the Dry 1982 pups in
another Greco LP that I have.They are really great guitars.

This one had the original pups removed :( ; replaced by what, I'm not sure but it is a very nice player, with a great, light weight, and huge growth ring structure :)

It is actually one of the most acoustically alive Lesters I have played; it rings like crazy, and is very loud unplugged 8)

It's plays with ease; no fighting it for most any chord or note :D

Latest posts

Back