1978 Greco SE-800 Strat - Metallic Blue factory finish?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magentaplacenta

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-1978-Greco-SE-800-Strat-Custom-Color-Almost-Mint_W0QQitemZ300134433344QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What sayeth the experts?

Factory metallic finish?
Should the bridge saddles be stamped Greco?
Knobs are aged, but pickup covers are not?

2 piece head stock (photo 9) doesn't look very SE800 like

now, let's wait for George (seventhson) to accuse me of 'slamming' the seller, and 'veiled attacks' upon the seller, lol..................

come on George :lol: .........................throw your little barbs.......... :lol: ............

MIJvintage said:
2 piece head stock (photo 9) doesn't look very SE800 like

now, let's wait for George (seventhson) to accuse me of 'slamming' the seller, and 'veiled attacks' upon the seller, lol..................

come on George :lol: .........................throw your little barbs.......... :lol: ............

LOL. There's a difference between offering clarifying information on guitars which you have done here and attacking a particular seller out of some sort of jealousy.

From your ebay page...

you won't see me selling cheap junk, like some eBay guitar slingers list

Then in the other thread where you use tortured logic to deny that you were actually making a negative comment about mustang_axeslinger.

...then you're more than welcome to go purchase questionable junk from other sellers.

So, again, I'll leave it to the reader to draw his/her own conclusions about whether you have some unhealthy obsessession with what mustang_axeslinger does on ebay.

As to whether mustang_axeslinger sells "junk", again facts speak louder than ad-hominem attacks.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mij_vintage&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

highest priced guitar sale listed $1000

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mustang_axeslinger&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

highest priced guitar sale listed $1399

Oh, and did I mention 100% positive feedback rating vs 98.7%? :lol:

As to whether mustang_axeslinger's auction descriptions are always accurate, I do the best I can, but I am not an expert nor profess to be. I respect you, the forum members, to slam my auction descriptions mercilessly...that is your right and privilege on this board...to promote the factual details on the guitar brands that are your passion. But please realize that many of these are sub $1000 (or $500) guitars that are 20 - 30 years old. So not only are the facts hard to come by, but neither I nor the typically the potential buyer really care about the finer details of the guitar in the way that you the forum members would. E.g., in terms of lawsuit LPs they are typically looking for a long neck tenon LP that is constructed well, plays well, and is good value relative to a USA Gibson. If I miss the mark on those points, then I have the buyer to answer to.

So, that is all I will say on the topic of MIJvintage. Enjoy your weekend.

the neck plate on mine has SE800 engraved onto it...and it`s natural sen.

MIJvintage said:
seventhsonGeorge, you really need some help, or more bong material, or both.....................

You are a forum member, although you choose to sit back, in the shadows, lurk, and watch other?s posts, like venomous a spider.

LMAO!!!

PLEASE guys, could you both let this drop? I'm not taking sides here, but one of the pleasures of this forum is that people are usually nice to each other, even sharing jokes despite the language and cultural barriers.

If you can't be nice to each other, could you please slag each other off in private messages? Or meet up and hit ech other with Les Pauls or something? :lol:

stratman323 said:
PLEASE guys, could you both let this drop? I'm not taking sides here, but one of the pleasures of this forum is that people are usually nice to each other

Yes, it sure usually seems that way, at least until the last few days

It's bad enough that some here make a choice to agitate others, and to want to perpetuate petty issues but it's even worse when it's unsubstantiated, and the accusing messages so cryptic

Yeah, peace in the forum is good........................

Snivel this snivel that So sad too Bad- I had a couple of forum guys dogging me for my eBay auctions because I call the guitars Beatches??
I think it was ian-even when I posted on the LPF he was dogging me there??
What a joke :roll:

MIJvintage said:

MIJ, You instigated the row by goading seventhson with the above comment. Where I come from that is blatant provocation. You could have kept quite on the forum and as stratman323 suggests, do you bitching with other members privately.

I guess what I'm saying to the petty posters here is GROW UP!

oldflame said:
MIJvintage said:

MIJ, You instigated the row by goading seventhson with the above comment. Where I come from that is blatant provocation. You could have kept quite on the forum and as stratman323 suggests, do you bitching with other members privately.

I guess what I'm saying to the petty posters here is GROW UP!

In case you didn't know, I was accused of a "slam" and a "veiled attack" by said forum member; you can see it here.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8599

The accusations against me, came after other members had done exactly what I was accused of, even though I posted to the thread after 1 & 1/2 pages had piled up.

I believe the forum member that you speak of, "instigated" the issue, not me.
If not for me being accused by said forum member, particularlly for something I did not do, NONE of this would have transpired.

Of course, if you would like to continue in the vein of said forum member, and continue the BSing, then that's your choice but I'm not going to keep responding to members of this ilk, that have nothing better to do than to stir up trouble.

As far as your forum etiquette lessons are concerned.............. :roll:

Yes, I previously read that thread but my point (again) is why stir up trouble using 'this' thread that was innocently started by another member directing us to the Greco auction.

Surely you can see the sense in that and surely you can see why we're all fed up with it. Hense the demise of YOUR forum etiquette.

As far as MY forum etiquette is concerned, Take a look at yourself first.

oldflame said:
Yes, I previously read that thread but my point (again) is why stir up trouble using 'this' thread that was innocently started by another member directing us to the Greco auction.

Surely you can see the sense in that and surely you can see why we're all fed up with it. Hense the demise of YOUR forum etiquette.

As far as MY forum etiquette is concerned, Take a look at yourself first.

In the words of DEVO, "how long must this go on?"

MIJvintage said:
In the words of DEVO, "how long must this go on?"

To be blunt, until one of you stops posting! :evil: May I respectfully suggest that you all allow this to be the final word on the subject?

Thank you. :D

Subject closed. Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back