Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Factory Greco Eddie Van Halen LPC??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dustin The Wind
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Factory Greco Eddie Van Halen LPC?? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was surfing the 'bay when I came across this auction. Has anyone heard of these? I'm intrigued by this, since it wouldn't be too improbable. Eddie used a Greco Destroyer.

Has anyone else seen another one of these? I remember a while back seeing a Greco strat with a supposed factory EVH paintjob.

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-Les-Paul-Custom-EVH-factory-finish-set-neck-beast_W0QQitemZ270147390504QQihZ017QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've seen that listing before.
Looks as dodgey as hell..!!!
The fact that he bought it "unassembled from the factory" set off a few warning bells as does "My buddy seems to believe this is one of them. "....
Unless his buddy is Buddy Greco(sorry bout the pun) how the hell would he know?
But once again...you get what you pay for and buyer beware...it DOES look cool...and it has some nice after market hardware..locking tuners...hot pickups and the like...but if i were a Greco collector i wouldn't touch it with my big meaty bargepole..!!!!
magentaplacenta
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVH used an Ibanez Destroyer, I think.

I "know" that seller from another non-guitar board (a music board), he posted the guitar there asking for more info. I think I actually started a post here about getting more info to pass on.
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually..Eddie DID own a LP and still owns half a dozen of them.
That was how he got the Gibbo pickups to put into his stock strat to create the Frankenstien axe.
It was waaaaay early on when they were still playing the Troubador and Roxy on Sunset in the '70's.
http://vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: