Tokai case (and guitar as well....)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Seen this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=7395489485&rd=1&rd=1

The guitar looks over priced to me, but it has a Tokai case, & I thought Billy might want a look? :p

honeyboy said:
A quid? As that slang for a pound? :roll:

Yes.

I love the way some people put "from my private collection" on their Ebay auctions. Wonderful middle-class pomposity worthy of Hyacinth Bucket!

What they mean, of course, is "it's been under the bed for two years and SWMBO wants it shifted". :D

adrian

Presumably the seller has a private collection and a public collection? :lol:

Or maybe it's a new model from his winter collection? :roll:

Looking at the headstock I'd say that it's a korean Goldstar or possibly a fake as togps says. The japanese headstock has a slightly different shape. It's definitely not japanese.

Mike

To be fair to the seller, he doesn't claim it's Japanese, or even that it's old . He just implies it with his chat about "private collection".

Do the newer Goldstars have those Gotoh tuners? And surely anyone faking a Tokai would fake an old Springy or an early Goldstar, wouldn't they?

Above the headstock of the auction

• 1. the headstock shape is wrong
    2 the tuners are wrong
    3. the string trees are wrong
    4. the decal are wrong
Below the correct Tokai Made in Korea AST-33 headstock

I wouldn't have spotted that. :( Just when I think I'm learning about these **** Tokais, something comes along to prove that I haven't. :-?

stratman323 said:
I wouldn't have spotted that. :( Just when I think I'm learning about these **** Tokais, something comes along to prove that I haven't. :-?

Don't worry ... me as well ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Geat job, Gottfried.
There is something wrong with headstock shape as Gottfried pointed.....
Another fake....

stratman323 said:
But you don't care if the guitar is a fake? :lol:

There are plenty of other guitars in the sea :lol: But a case is like a good women. It needs banging on a regular basis and the handles oiled.

Then placed under the bed until you want to have another look inside :eek:

Could somebody please post a pic of a case?

I think Gottfried has not seen one in ages..... :D :D :D

Back