Neck Pickup in Bridge Position?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramsale

Reaction score
What would be the outcome of such an experiment? I have always liked the thicker sound of the neck position playing, but wondered about putting one in the bridge location. Too bright? Or just the opposite? Anyone check anything like this out before? I can't imagine there would be THAT much difference, and never really cared for the twangy-thin bridge sounds much anyway... (Unless it's on a Strat...)
Let me know, 'cause I'm gonna blaze away with my tool kit soon... :lol:

Ramsale i put a neck seth lover as an experiment as Barry says.Much more output,,amp saturated wich less gain.I am on the hunt for a neck seth lover and I will compare how much difference in sound.

Luis: Good luck, and I hope the sound is what you are happy with. :wink:

The Bartolinis worked just fine in the Korean L-5 copy! I put the V88C in the neck position and the V92CN in the bridge spot. They sounded SO much better than the stock Korean Duncans, that I bought another set for my Everest Les Paul copy. :lol:
I can recommend them for ANYONE that needs a humbucking replacement... I honestly didn't think there would be that much difference in the sound/tone, but there SURE IS! (Maybe it's the difference between a $5.00 pickup and a $50.00 one...)

Latest posts

Back