Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from sunny Edinburgh-Tokai Strat 1985 or older.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Sound advice Reply with quote

Sound advice and I have to admit the passion you guys have for all things Tokai has rubbed off on me. Got some new strings today so I will give it another play. I have cleaned the neck today ( it was manky) and going to ad some pics to photobucket of neck without strings. I think the neck is the best bit of my guitar. I mentioned earlier I had been playing a Kramer and not to put too fine a point on it the difference in feel on the neck is major! The Tokai neck feels very natural and playing it seems a bit more intuative where as the Kramer feels bulky and bit sullen - I hope this makes sense!
Something else you said rung a bell - you said you were going to fit a neck with a rosewood fretboard to your guitar and I guess it is possible that this was what has happened to mine pre 85 and that would explain some of the discrepancies. I noticed the truss rod adjust does not match up 100% with cut out on the pickguard.......
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Rosewood Fretboard Reply with quote

Hi - I have posted pics on photobucket showing the rosewood fretboard with strings off. Boy did that Rosewood come up nice.

I just remebered on of my pals from school bought a Tokai telecaster a couple of years before I bought my Strat. I will have to give him a call - i cant remember what colour it was i think it was green. Will let you know if he still has it and of course get some info & pics for the archives. I am just guessing but the telecaster probably sold in far lower quantities that the strat.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: