Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from sunny Edinburgh-Tokai Strat 1985 or older.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Hello from sunny Edinburgh-Tokai Strat 1985 or older. Reply with quote

Believe it or not the sun is shinning and I have dusted down the old guitar. I was considering taking up playing the guitar again after a period of abstinance..as I mentioned the sun is shinning which does not happen too often in Edinburgh so maybe I have heat stroke..lol
I bought my Tokai in 1985 (it was 2nd hand) for my 18th birthday and it was played until I got offered a Kramer Striker 300ST 5 years later. I pretty much stuck with the Kramer as I was going for heavy sound and the pickups and floyd rose were pretty good. When i got the old Tokai back out last week i was blown away by how good it sounded and how easy it was to play.
Im not too sure what model the Tokai is except it is a Strat copy in Metalic Red with a Rosewood neck and Final prospec bridge. The only thing i have changed is the tuning heads which i swapped for Schaler locking ones which were a direct fit..I will have to look out the old deluxe ones if i can find them - I know I kept them - I guess it was vandalism but when your 18....need i say more!
I have some pics if anyone wants to see how bad the vandalism was or can help identify the model.
Cheers
Nick
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick, just replied to your other post. Yeah post some pics, lets have a look at it. Sounds nice from what you said.
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.photobucket.com to load some pics. Or can someone explain how they load pics into the body of their message? I can't work that out.
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks-more info Reply with quote

Hi stratman,
Will try again.
Here is some further info in the meantime - Serial no. is L03552.
The weird thing is that there is no logo or model info on the headstock. The only reason I know it is is a Tokai is that i do remember when I bought it the guy in the shop said that they were shipped out from the factory without any logo as there was a legal case pending with Fender over them copying the logo...have you ever come accross this before. I am fairly sure it was second hand when i bought it but in nearly new condition.
Cheers

Nick
rgrafend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Including pics from photobucket is fairly easy:

below each pich you see a few boxes. You copy the string from the IMG field and just include the string in your post.
Then it's uploaded automatically.

Cheers. Rupert
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Photos are on photobucket and facebook under vanzep Reply with quote

I have photos listed on photobucket and facebook so you can view them.
I looked at one of the previous postings from earlier today and it looks the same as Goldstar TST-55 but as I say with no logo or stickers and i can definatley say they have not been removed as the finish on the headstock is factory perfect somust have been shipped out from Tokai in that condition.
Cheers
Nick
Rossi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok 8 screw or 11 on the pick guard,any numbers on the last fret, or is there a oval sticker on the back of the neck headstock large like 70s or small you have said about the sadles and tuners
Did it sound good with the old strings then?? put some new strings on,and when you do,take the pick guard off and look at the underside of the pickups for any letters or numbers,+ black or grey,and is there a case,and how many string trees,flat or round.

It is really easy to upload pics,just follow rgrafend post
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Link to pics on facebook Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3354&l=dbacb&id=543396520
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Links to photos on Photobucket Reply with quote

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z217/vanzep/
rgrafend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
The U-stamped pickups point to an ST50 model (or TST50). The headstock and the tuners somehow don't fit.

Do you have picks from the neck where it is fitted to the body? Any picks from the tuners?

Cheers. R
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuners and trem block aren't original.
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgrafend wrote:
The U-stamped pickups point to an ST50 model (or TST50). The headstock and the tuners somehow don't fit.

Surely the custom colour would make it a 55, not a 50?
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Pictures of marking on neck above truss rod adjust Reply with quote

I have taken the neck off and have updated onto to photobucket and facebox - there are markings which are the same as on the pickup recess. Pickup recess markings in top left hand corner are 6=1 and the marking on the face of the neck above the truss rod are 6=11.Plus there is even some red paint on part of the neck where it has made contact with the body for this to happen I would suspect it would have to be an original neck fitted to this body during manufacture and when the paint was fresh and possibly still tacky - there is definately no sign of this being resprayed. Looks like this is an unusual one!
I am desperatley trying to find the original tuners.......
I might be interested in selling it but it would be a wrench as it has sentimental attachement as i bought it with my birthday money when I was 18 back in 1985 but you know everything has its price and I do have to admit that i am not the best guitar player in the world so it might be put to better use in more professional hands.
Cheers

Nick
rgrafend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, orginal neck I'd say. Did you find the tuners?
Cheers. R
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is it guys? A Springy or a Goldie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: