Mark Knopfler - best Tokai Strat match?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eigil

Reaction score
When Mark Knopfler played the aLCHEMY concert he used a 50's Candy Apple Red Fender Stratocaster with maple neck. What would you people say was the closest Tokai ever made? Goldstar/Springysound ST-50/60/65/80..? By the way I'm buying a Springysound 7okai with that look... :roll:

I hope it is as good as the similar Goldstar I've wished to own so many times... :lol:

I'm not all satisfied with this one here, though I play it every day:

http://home.no.net/ekorsage

Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

:wink:

There are many good Tokais to be found up here in Norway, Strats mostly. There were not sold too many of the Les Pauls or the SG's. Pitty.
You see, what irritates me is that my father was the one to bring these guitars to the country back in the swingin' 80's. When I was born he did'nt realize that I would grow up needing a quality guitar, so he did'nt buy any of em. Not one. Can you imagine anything more frustrating? :cry: Anyway I have spotted two of these strats, and I'm planning to play the Springysound Candy Apple Red this week in Oslo (capitol in Norway). It's going to cost me about $570. This other Tokai I know little about, except that it is a Shoreline Gold Strat of the early 80s.

This Goldstar of mine is a great guitar, however I dislike the V shape of the neck, and I wish it had maple fretboard. I like pre CBS strats, and this is'nt. The sound however is what made me buy it. It sounds just like a Vintage, and I can go from SRV to Mark Knopfler on my Twin Reverb. Add a little Chorus from the Carl Martin and you really feel gifted. :wink:

Back