Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark Knopfler - best Tokai Strat match?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eigil
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Mark Knopfler - best Tokai Strat match? Reply with quote

When Mark Knopfler played the aLCHEMY concert he used a 50's Candy Apple Red Fender Stratocaster with maple neck. What would you people say was the closest Tokai ever made? Goldstar/Springysound ST-50/60/65/80..? By the way I'm buying a Springysound 7okai with that look...

I hope it is as good as the similar Goldstar I've wished to own so many times...

I'm not all satisfied with this one here, though I play it every day:

http://home.no.net/ekorsage
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

Eigil
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many good Tokais to be found up here in Norway, Strats mostly. There were not sold too many of the Les Pauls or the SG's. Pitty.
You see, what irritates me is that my father was the one to bring these guitars to the country back in the swingin' 80's. When I was born he did'nt realize that I would grow up needing a quality guitar, so he did'nt buy any of em. Not one. Can you imagine anything more frustrating? Anyway I have spotted two of these strats, and I'm planning to play the Springysound Candy Apple Red this week in Oslo (capitol in Norway). It's going to cost me about $570. This other Tokai I know little about, except that it is a Shoreline Gold Strat of the early 80s.

This Goldstar of mine is a great guitar, however I dislike the V shape of the neck, and I wish it had maple fretboard. I like pre CBS strats, and this is'nt. The sound however is what made me buy it. It sounds just like a Vintage, and I can go from SRV to Mark Knopfler on my Twin Reverb. Add a little Chorus from the Carl Martin and you really feel gifted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: