Greco EG 1000

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veetguitar

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I am new in his forum. After reading a lot of the available informations on this forum and in other places, I took the risk and bought on ebay a Greco EG 1000 Super real (serial number L814541)
The serial indicates that the guitar is built in 1981. The previous owner said it is a Mint series model. This seems not correct according to what I have learned here in the forum.
It arrived safely from Tokyo a few days ago. The price paid was around 820? including speed delivery, customs and vat.
So far I am very happy with my new guitar. I yet have to put a set of 0,10 strings on it and do some adjustments.
If you want to view a few pictures you can do so following this link:
fotos.web.de/veetguitar/Greco_EG_1000_super_real
It would be nice to know more about those Grecos .
Like: Is it a one or two piece body/solid top/are the pus original/is it also nitro laquer????
The seller of this did not answer my questions.
If you know something that could throw some light on this, I would be quite happy to learn something.
Veet

according to numbers on the bottom of the bridge pickup - 291116 ... that pickup was made in 1979 ... if it's orig. greco pu?

second number of the 'pu-serial' tells which year it was made ... for example ...

DSC00016.jpg

Hi Jinx-Does your reference book have any reference to Greco pup #210218? I have a couple and always wondered what kind of Greco pups they were.Thanks-Dewey

Non-original pick-ups? What a bummer! Still it plays great though!
But the seller (David Marchingo) should have told it beforehand.
But thanks for the expert input.
The pick-ups in my guitar are giving feedback quite easily, dont know, if that is normal.
Do you think it is a nitro finish?
My feeling is that the neck is one solid piece but it is hard to tell because you cannot see the wood structure through the paint.
The neck is still absolutely straight.
I am not quite sure if I should start messing around with replacing the pus. Here in Germany, there is a guy called Kloppmann. He has the best reputation for pafs which come close to the old originals. But they are really expensive....

Back