• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

W: Sexy tokai telecaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Villager,

For what its worth, I think you need to put this into some sort of perspective. In all walks of life you will get people who make less than helpful comments and take a pop at you when you try and be helpful and informative.

I for one find your posts very interesting and informative, and reading your article in the guitar magazine rekindled my interest in Tokai and MIJ Guitars in general. I even enjoy reading your occasional rants on here as well. Please don't let the views and posts of a minority of users get to you.

yes fartoomany...I have put it into the perspective of not being bothered anymore....

I am a pretty sorted guy mentally and I didn't mean to appear to be too bothered by this type of nonsense...in fact I am just slightly miffed ..thats about it really...to be honest I am normally quite disappointed in my expectations of others..with a few notable exceptions, and normally expect very little in the way of any praise or appreciation, as, sadly, the world we live in is a negative and angst ridden place for many tortured souls...I count myself very lucky to be somewhat removed from all that, and so my attitute is accordingly chilled, however, my prose may sometimes seem to indicate that may not be the case, ..heh ..I sometimes may appear to express myself in a style which is actually, reading back, more acerbic than my actual attitude to most issues...

many thanks for your concern and kind advice, but rest assured I will not be slitting my wrists just yet... :) :)

Hi Mark, you should be flattered that Koiz feels your influence on people is a threat to his buisness or something i'm not to sure myself????. I completely understand your frustration, its a shame that small minded people have a way of getting under our skin and making an arse of themselves and yes i expect more from people in general as well but reality says the world is full of these idiots, i think of them as speed bumps and go straight over them and keep on going on my merry way. I think you are very informative and genuinely honest in your appraisels but like myself we sometimes get it wrong and thats why we have forums like this to discuss these issues. final word.....Screw the idiots they are everywhere.... :D ....Mick

you know guys...they only get under your skin if you allow them to. It`s the freakin` internet... I can`t be the only one who doesn`t take all this so seriously? Best way to shut somebody up?...ignore em.

When money and profit enters the equation, some fun will be lost. It's up to everyone to decide which part matters to them the most.

villager said:
I mean MIJ is having a go on another post I made about a new greco EGF-1800....one of the finest guitars ever made...and he is intimating that I paid too much..the horns too sharp...it looks like a laminate top...I mean for F**ks sake its one of the rarest and most beautifull MIJ guitars ever made ...and I just don't need this petty idiocy ...I am happy to contribute my depth of love and knowledge for these superb instruments...but am simply fed up of unappreciative, stupid morons.

sorry for being so abrupt..but I am just feeling unloved and abused and unappreciated..... boo hoo..... :)

Mark, settle down bro; what's a good price for one person may not be so good for another, and we all have our own taste, when it comes to attributes of individual guitars. Most of us here appreciate your knowledge, and your willingness to share it, me included. As far as the moron comment, no comment. You are making me laugh now :lol:

Thanks for the promotion, but like the U2 say: I still haven't found what I'm looking for...(for a fair price, villager has some beautiful guitars, but the prices are for the aristocracy, not for the peasants).

MIJ sorry that was not directed at you...

I will amend the wording, as it does read badly..my apologies...

amended...once again sorry... :oops:

Ducatti...its still as fun as it ever was...as I am retired, the money side is not so important to me, but of course as a seller I prefer not to lose money.. :eek:

I know many on here question this guy, and I have never bought from him (nor probably will I), but wow he gets some nice guitars.

When have you ever seen one of these? KIDS SRV

http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/koizguitar/KIDSSRV

Not to mention the Walnut Moon he has.

Blues Junior said:
This is the worst relic I'we ever seen.

Ya, those kid's are junk I hear, and a dime a dozen. Specially with a fret board like that.

never played a KID`S so I can`t say. I do remember when they were being built I saw them in magazines over here for a lot of money.
One thing about his FJ rosewood...looks nothing like mine, appears thats a rosewood neck on some other kind of body...certainly look assembled by somebody...doubt it left the factory that way...then again, I see a lot of unusual MIJs.

Maybe these KID"S guitars are not as rare as I think. It is so hard to do research on them, for you type in Kid's and get all these little kiddie guitars. LOL. Really, people. MIJ fans, show me some pictures of your Kid's guitars. I want to see them. All of them!

I have only ever seen one other kid's guitar, it was a gold flake finish V style guitar and was super smooth. Did they make other models? Teles? Other strats? Pauls? Show em! Cause, as Blue's Junior mentioned, this is one UGLY guitar!

sneakyjapan said:
One thing about his FJ rosewood...looks nothing like mine.

What is FJ rosewood? And what does yours look like?

I don't know XXXX from Adam, but I would say that is the real deal; you just can't fake something that nasty!

Oh, here is the only other one I have seen.

http://guitarsjapan.com/ptp27.html

Ugh

I meant my FJ rosewood tele...if you look at the neck in the one on his site, that kinda chocolaty brown...the body and neck on mine are the same color. I can`t be 100% certain his is not legit because I haven`t seen every single FJ that was ever built, but compared to mine only the neck on his is the same as mine. The neck and body on his don`t look like the same kind of wood to me but I`m no botanist.

KID`S...bit on the wild side for me...

http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00199525

Ah, that's a crazy one sneaky. A little much for me, but I have a few friends that would eat it up.

I have really missed the point on the body/neck thing. I just don't get it. Are not necks and bodys on strats/teles usually different wood. You are probably talking about something else and I am just not understanding.

Anyway, no biggie, cause I don't have $2600 to buy that SRV anyway, and even if I did, I doubt I would pull the trigger with all the hoopla that surrounds this seller. Buyer beware!

There are some truly horrific relics around at the moment, and it seems like 80% of them are supposed to be SRV clones. It makes me laugh that everyone wants a copy of SRVs No. 1 Strat (real ugly!), despite the fact that he regularly used loads of Strats (perhaps a dozen or more), and he still sounded like SRV whichever guitar he picked up. SRV tone = 90% technique and attack, 8% very heavy strings, 2% guitar.....

Mike

Latest posts

Back