2 BreezySound 1984-1985= Two differents sounds and wood

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastaga

Reaction score
Hey,
I have 2 Tokai BreezySound Tele, any BreezySound build in 1984 or 1985.

- The first, one letter L and 5 numbers, L 15445; his sound is typically Fender Tele, clear and bright on neck pickups, strong and powerful on bridge pickup. His neck is rosewood
His weight is 3,2 Kg.
What is exactly her year and what is this wood ??

- The second Tokai BreezySound Tele is very heavy, 4,7 kg, the neck is mapple; it's nt the same wood. His number is 221384.
Years of build 84 or 85. The sound is more and more widely, greatly but stay cristallin.
The bridge pickup is very very strong, powerful almost like un Hanbucker... and guitar very heavy.

Can you give me the name of these differents woods who give these so different sound.
I have one another Tokai, it"s a Love Rock N? 9404049.

How to post pics of my differents Tokai, help me, I don't say
[email protected]
S'cuse me for my english language, but Iam French..

Does your 84 Breezy look like this one I just sold off of eBay? If so, all of the details are listed in the description:

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29322-2357-0?uid=&site=0&ver=EOISUA080805&lk=URL&item=300126231541

Dear Mr. Marcusnieman. What a lovely piece. Did you manage to sell it?Also, I have a 1984 Gold Star and Silver Star which have similar neck profiles,compared to my 1979 Fender Strat(which I do not play due to its unpleasantness and is permanently in its case).Can you tell me if the Tokai Breezy Sound's neck profile is simliar to the Gold Star's/Silver Star's ?

Duncan said:
Dear Mr. Marcusnieman. What a lovely piece. Did you manage to sell it?Also, I have a 1984 Gold Star and Silver Star which have similar neck profiles,compared to my 1979 Fender Strat(which I do not play due to its unpleasantness and is permanently in its case).Can you tell me if the Tokai Breezy Sound's neck profile is simliar to the Gold Star's/Silver Star's ?

Thanks...yes I did sell it to a forum member. I've not played an 84 Gold Star but I do have an early 80's Silver Star SS38 (spaghetti style logo) and it's locked up in storage right now and I can't get my hands on it to compare for you. The Breezy neck profile is very comfortable - not to big or clubby but not a skinny, thin thing either. It's got a C type profile - here are a few pics I sent an ebay bidder before I ended the auction:

CIMG0972.jpg

CIMG0980.jpg

CIMG0982.jpg

CIMG0976.jpg

CIMG0974.jpg

CIMG0975.jpg

Interesting discussion and pics, but you haven't answered pastaga's question.

I doubt if I'll be able to help as I'm not a Tokai expert (yet!). But you will need to post photos to get any answers, pastaga. Go to

http://photobucket.com/

and load your photos there. Then post links to the photos on here. Once you post decent clear photos, the various experts on here will help you, I'm sure.

Good luck.

Mike

stratman323 said:
Interesting discussion and pics, but you haven't answered pastaga's question.
Mike

Hmm....I thought I was answering to the question below:

Also, I have a 1984 Gold Star and Silver Star which have similar neck profiles,compared to my 1979 Fender Strat(which I do not play due to its unpleasantness and is permanently in its case).Can you tell me if the Tokai Breezy Sound's neck profile is simliar to the Gold Star's/Silver Star's ?

Sorry, fair comment, but I thought that telling the guy how to upload pics would be even more help. I know I struggled with that when I joined the forum.

Mike

Here are pics of my 2 Tokai BreezySound.
What are they differents wood, why this different weights?
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z155/pastaga_photo/

Thank
[email protected]

I would guess that the rosewood one is alder, while the maple one is some sort of ash, though it doesn't have the grain that a lot of ash does.

I'm sure someone will know better than I do though.

Mike

Back