Case Candy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlivingstone

Reaction score
In recent years I've bought two Tokai LS guitars brand new from reputable shops. On neither occasion have I received an original case, user manual, tools, tags or even a scrap of paper identifying the model. From the number of 'what model of guitar have I bought' questions on this forum I suspect this isn't unusual. It does seem to me unusual though for a Japanese manufacturer as they usually take great pride in their product. For example My Ibanez prestige RG 1570 came with the full package - all proudly marked team J craft.

Anyone know the reason why (or why not in this case).

Of the brand new Tokai's being sold here in my neck of the woods I have seen no tags,tools,cases or verification paperwork.
At least the Aussie distributor puts a sticker on the control cavity cover that says what model the guitar is...otherwise even the store owner has no idea of the models.

When I got mine from japan it had the tag, warranty card, and a bunch of the usual stuff in the case but it was all written in Japanese. My guess is either they don't bother with translated stuff or dealers just throw it away.

Pal, you and me bought our first Tokais from the same source: Universe shop in Hamamatsu(I met him when in Japan afterwards) and mine came with the tag saying the model too and the ajusted truss rod key and a cable.I bought an original Tokai lifton case at the time too but the LS70 did not include it as your LS200 did for obvious reasons.

luis said:
Pal, you and me bought our first Tokais from the same source: Universe shop in Hamamatsu(I met him when in Japan afterwards) and mine came with the tag saying the model too and the ajusted truss rod key and a cable.I bought an original Tokai lifton case at the time too but the LS70 did not include it as your LS200 did for obvious reasons.

I got my ES-120 from Yoshi at Guitar Universe too and it came with a model card, tool, etc.

In the Uk none of them seem to come with anything at all from the distributor, it's not the retailers removing stuff.

Its a real pain and I am not impressed by it!

I've gone on about the lack of correct cases on here enough now so I'm not going to bring it up again but it does annoy me a lot!

I've purchased 3 new/near new Tokais in tha past few months, all from Japan; all 3 have matching warranty cards & truss rod wrenchs

the 2 with hard cases have the keys :)

Welll .....

obviously only the nippons and gottfried get cased.....

:D :D :D

btw: togps has a bunch arriving. call before I get them all.

Latest posts

Back