Reborn alert!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
Any one looking for a Les Paul Reborn, check out www.acmeguitars.com they have one of the best looking cleanest Reborns I have yet to see. Top dollar at $1250, also a beautiful 80's goldtop! TG

25%!! You should all revolt! Tell the Queen to take a pay cut! That is unreal! It's killing the politicians here that internet transactions from state to state don't pay sales tax! Here in Texas we are one of the few states to not have a state income tax, Florida is the other . So I can only live here or there! TG :lol:

****! I think we are headed in the same direction. We finally have the Republicans in charge of all of goverment, the ones who always claimed they want a smaller goverment, less taxes etc...They have the opportunity to do this but it won't happen. It's time to start throwing tea in the harbour! Who am I kidding ! It's time to plug in the LS80 and play ! It's Sunday ! A day of rest! You can always come to Texas LB, I know a lot of folks from your part of the world doing very well here stateside! My sisterinlaw is from Cornwall, and one of my best employees ids from London! A real "Lad"! TG

Are you talking about the Reborn that is currently on ebay with pics but no info? If you can find it, would that be an LS60 or LS80 model?

As far as tax goes TG, once Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair have finished in Iraq (lets hope they never get started) I think we'll all be paying more tax! :-?

Cheers LB.

Does that mean that the LS50/60/80 are 'bitsa's' then - like two piece back and three piece top etc.? Which ones have the solid two piece tops and the solid back. I guess all the necks are one piece on all the models?

Reason I ask is that I have no info on the Reborn series. I only know that they were about before the Love Rocks came around in about 1981.

I'm willing to learn :D

Incidently, James tells me that my blonde 335 is an 81' as the S/No. starts with a 101**** and it's a real peach (there is a pic on this site somewhere).

hi lee (again),

only the LS-80 reborns have 1p back and 18deg headstock angle. LS-50 and 60 were meant as "entry level" guitars. as such they didn't feature the main and common "replica" specs. :eek:

Cheers!

Did the LS80 have the 2 piece flame top or the two piece plain top or a veneered flame top :-? ?

LS-80 reborns have plain tops, sometimes a little birdseye. above LS-80 the '79 catalog mentions LS-100, 150 and 200. During the reborn old period they added LS-120. There's no further information available for me at the moment concerning reborns, solid and veneer flametops. But I will find out soon :eek:

I've just checked an english issue of the '81 catalog. LS-80 is mentioned there as 59 model with laminated(veneered) flametop. The original '81 japanese counterpart mentions LS-80 as 58 model. So there are probably Loverock LS-80 flames(v) and plains on the planet. :-?

I will only rely on japanese sources and catalog spec. sheets. Unfortunately I can only read japanese numbers. What about you?

Supernout maybe I could do it.Feel free to send me all information there is on your own.

luis said:
Supernout maybe I could do it.Feel free to send me all information there is on your own.

http://members7.tsukaeru.net/levante40/catalogue/tokai/1982/1982c.htm

fun with it :)

Supernout I am on the work,but it could take some time,please wait. :wink:

Latest posts

Back