Love Rock LP Special Doublecut (1959) TV Yellow!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy56

Reaction score
Hi!!

I just bought this guitar on Ebay and I am wondering if anyone has any information on it?

Photos
http://www.hagstromcanada.com/tokai/

Auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=2508001849&rd=1

It has a two screw truss rod cover, but I forgot to ask if it has a serial number on the headstock (just like a big kid!).

I bought it as I love the looks of it and P-90's are great and hey, it's a Tokai!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Rob

My eyes, my eyes! 8)

Those TV Yellow LP Juniors (and copies/replicas) have to be some of the most foul looking guitars I've seen! Hopefully they sound better than they look. :)

An interesting comment, LondonBarry.

There's actually two schools of thought regarding the origin of the name and colour of the TV model. One is that the yellow did indeed look good on the black & white TV's of the fifties; the other is that it was named to promote Les Paul's and Mary Ford's television show at the time. Don't know which story is fact, but I really do love the easy access neck on those baby's!

Hi gang,

Taste in Guitars: Well, ones guitarists beautiful axe is another persons B.C. Rich - heh heh heh!

Personally, I think the L.P 59 Special style is a fantastic looking guitar.

I was delivered today and yes it isn't THAT bright, and the ash is visable through the finish (yum)!

It is much better than the photos, it is literally immaculate.

The finger board is slightly wide and the neck is hefty. Beauty!

It has a 2 hole truss rod cover (Japan?), no serial number (Korea?) and the back plate is black (Japan?)

The neck looks to be one piece, and the the body is full thickness so the guitar is pretty heavy.

Sounds amazing!

So where is it from ???? (NED???)

More photos later!

Cheers,
Rob (Scruff)

Latest posts

Back