Tokai Cases

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
I have seen Tokai Les-Paul cases in a few different designs, eg brown with pink lining, Black with blue lining. Is there any particular year associated with the different style cases or were different colours available at the same time?

Also, do Tokai produce an ST style case?

I have a 1979 Black Tokai ST case they are just like a Fender case mine has plush gold lining with 1 appartment,4 studs for the feet,cream bound,lockable with key,and Tokai stamped on the handle and a brass Tokai plate. :wink:

Hi John,
vintage Tokai LP-Case around 1980

PICT2505_Large.jpg

PICT2503_Large.jpg

PICT2502_Large.jpg

Volker

I have a tweed st case, as the fender brown leather(pvc) ends . pinkish/aged red inside, came with goldstar sound. they are still available from tokai (uk) friend of mine got 2 from them very helpful too.follow link
or ring them .

Hi guys,
The cases were made for different models.
For Strat there was the S-120 and S-180. S-120 came in Black vinyl w'blue interior or tweed vinyl with gold interior. S-180 came in tweed cloth with red interior. SS series sued the black case and ST series used both tweeds - depending on the model.
For LP/SG there were 2 also - LS series had brown cover w' Pink interior whilst LC & SG had Black cover with green interior.
ES, FV and EX all had different cases.
This is not to say that owners could not change the case at time of purchase, indeed we did it if someone did not want the case provided.
i hope this helps

Peter Mac

PS. On a personal note, with Tokai Australia I sold a lot of Tokai LP cases to Gibson owners due to the fact that the Tokai case was deeper than the Gibson and the headstock would not touch the bottom of the case. Should the case sustain a blow, the headstock would not crack inside the case.

On an aside note too: Old original Tokai hard cases for Love Rocks are not identical to new ones,being new ones just a touch wider,an Ibanez AR series would fit OK into new one, but that did not fit into older ones.New cases are good but are not heavy strong,keep this in mind as far as they can rip a little if stand some abuse,it will be worth to get a specific hard case in that case and keep the Tokai one at home....
Said that, I really like Tokai cases 8) They?re very pretty!

Were cases sold seperately from the guitars? I don't remember being offered a pukka Tokai case when I bought my Goldstar.

bumpy dog said:
Were cases sold seperately from the guitars? I don't remember being offered a pukka Tokai case when I bought my Goldstar.

In Sweden you always got a hardcase when you bought a Tokai, at least in the 80's and early 90's. I know because I bought some new Tokais back then.

Mike

Latest posts

Back