just ordered sea foam korean tokai....from songbird

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHANCE

Reaction score
how do you think I will like it...also I am trying to buy this same guitar in blue and a tele in red...they say supply is very limited and may get worse...the guys at songbird are easy to deal with ... :-? I waqnt my tokais and I want them now...wah!!!!!!

:D Chance , the beauty of collecting Tokais is the hunt! The excitment of finding what you're after! I have'nt played a Korean Tokai Strat but I bet you'll like it. I have a Korean SG that is great and very close to the Japanese SG I got back in the 80's. Happy hunting! :wink: TG

:lol: my favorite hunt story...stopped in mr. money pawn shop in iowa city.about a year ago..i about peed my pants to see a brownburst korean love rock..now get this the price on the tag was 225.00....i negotiated and carried it out the door for 150.00...but was not entirely happy with it.but I knew I could turn e healthy profit on it even if I did not like it....got it home...cleaned it up...set it up...change strings, straightened the neck, lemon oiled the fret board.....and lo and behold...I fell in love....the harmonic content of this instrument is fantastic......this was my second tokai in 20 years.....I thought very cool, now if I only had a p-90 gold top, my les paul selection would be complete..about two weeks later...I traded a p.o.s. trayer tube amp with 4-8' speakers for a new carvin bel air all tube amp...never plugged it in..it was mint and i traded the bel air and two pedals even up for a korean love rock gold top with p-90's in dead stinking mint condition, with no case...it too was a great axe with one drawback, the machines suck...so I was jacking around Galesburg , il music store and found a set of grober vintage reissue tuners exactly like the tokais except I had to drill the holes out...I did a perfect job..and this guitar now stays in tunes beautifully.....now if I only had a gracie stand to use these guitars on stage.at 50. and being a local rock star(hah)..those love rocks get a little heavy with grandpa's arthuritis...you know what I mean sonny????

Whoa! Chance I'm gonna hit the five O in November so I feel your pain! The two best Tokai deals I made were both in the same year 90 days apart. I was asked buy a widow at church one Sunday if I might want her late husbands guitar. She brought it to church the next week , black tolex case , inside a pristine 84' tls80 cherry sunburst flame top with the original strings. Price , a $200 donation to the church in her husbands name! 90 days later going up to the Dallas Guitar Center , a guy walks out with a black tolex LP case complaining to his friend that he wasn't going to give this guitar away. I asked what he had and he showed me a 85'tls80 Amber burst flame top. What was the offer I asked . $175. was their offer and I need at least $250. I said follow me to the ATM across the street and we can do the deal. That was three years ago! The most I have spent on a Tokai was $650 for a mint 85' Japanese SG! You will find the rest of your collection, they are out there! Lot's of them in Dallas as the American Distribution in the 80's was located in Ft.worth. Later TG

:cry: just got an e-mail from songbird...they said that they would not be getting any more tokai's period....i asked them why...they replied that their current stock is all they got...and i guess that's it.......i think it would be worth opening a store again if i could get the tokai line.......too much other crap out there.....

AND IT IS GREAT...I IMMEDIATELY ORDERED ANOTHER ONE IN A DIFFERENT COLOR...KOREAN OR NOT...KICKS ***.......BURY THIS ONE WITH ME.....

Thanks for supporting the site sponsors, hope you told them you called because of the banner!!!!

Ned

WHAT IS IT WITH ABOUT HALF THE DEALERS IN CANADA....SONGBIRD IS QUITTING HANDLING TOKAI...MIKE'S WON'T RETURN E-MAIL...AND SOME OTHER GUY CLOSED HIS STORE BECAUSE HE FOUND GOD....HATE TO TELL HIM, GOD WASN'T LOST....HE WAS....I AM PRETTY SURE GOD KNOW WHERE HE IS AT...............IS TOKAI NOT OPENING ANY DEALERS IN THE U.S.........I WANT A KOREAN TELE.....HELP...............

First - Caps lock off.

I had no idea about Songbird. There are dealers in the US I just can't get the distributor to tell me who they are.

I'll try and contact Mike to see what's up.

Ned

Chance,

Just got an email from Mike at Mike's. He's been a bit busy. If you want a tele he can get you a butterscotch blonde pretty quick.

Ned

thanx...i will e-mail him...i just ordered another korean tokai strat from songbird...their last one...they still have some jap ones though...i have an eighties jap goldstar, and to tell the truth, today's korean strats are just as good.......Chance

and he still hasn't got back to me...Eric Johnson is in Des Moines on sat march 1...I got tickets and will probably get to see him backstage...taking the seafoam green tokai to get his signature....met him eight years ago when I was living in Austin.....he gave me a ts-9, his cousin Chuck, produced my first two c.d.'s and brought Eric to my apt. when I first moved to Austin........have frequently talked to his manager, Joe Preznis(sp)?........and recieved some great carreer advice.......which has, of late started payng off.....our average gig is 1500.00 a night and I thank Joe for his advice in helping us get to that point...................I still want a korean tele.....got the sea foam green strat(greenie),...locked in perfect today, after about ten tries..can't wait for the three color sunburst korean strat to get home......the guys at Songbird are very cool and for 40.00 u.s. you can get a very good hardshell case.later chance

Chance,

Are you using Mike's HotMail.com email addy? That's the one I usually use - put my name in subject line and see if that helps.

The Eric Johnson show will be awesome - his new material is really good. I saw him about 2 or 3 months ago at Antone's here in Austin, I'm in Round Rock. During my college years (about 15 years ago) I saw Eric in a club that held maybe 150 people and it was incredible, right after Tones came out and he was still playing Hendrix tunes. He did a version of Taxman (Beatles) that just smoked.

Good luck on the upcoming gigs - also if your using the Tokai live send some pictures.

Ned

Latest posts

Back