Tune of the day

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outsider said:
Hey Guitargoblin!

I got my name because that's how I feel most of the time. But the Tokaiforum is nice, not that bad here. So how did you get your name???

Where are you from? I used to like Smack when the singer was still alive, but that's like 15 years ago. I was just a kid then, don't remember that well. I never really been into Hanoi Rocks, not even now when Andy McCoy lives in the same building here in Helsinki. One time I heard his wife Angela shouting "Andy! ANDY! Check out this new rap song!" in her quite nasal voice. He also jogs sometimes around the block. Or maybe just to buy cigarrettes. He's an original.

The song of the day: Cardigans: Feathers and Down

Hey Outsider, sorry to hear you feel like an outsider, but I do too if that helps! I'm from Ireland, but live in Belgium. Never been to Finland, but I've always dug Smack and Hanoi. Melrose are pretty cool too. I'm less keen on the newer Finnish stuff like HIM, the Rasmus etc
Andy McCoy lives in your building??? Call in on him sometime, he has a pretty amazing guitar collection, I think! Trying to picture him jogging.....no can't imagine it!

Hi Guitargoblin!

It's ok to be an outsider, you only have to learn to live with the feeling.

Melrose is really a great band, one of my all time favourite gigs was Melrose in a small bar, there were only 20 or so people watching and the band played all night, and I mean all night. The bar was closing and they already switched the lights off, but the band kept playing. It was like a religious experience for me. If you can get your hands on the new Aki Kaurism?ki picture called Lights in the dusk, you should check it out, there's a scene with Melrose on it. I think they also play in Kaurism?ki's Hamlet, but it can be a bit more difficult to find.

Outsider said:
Hi Guitargoblin!

It's ok to be an outsider, you only have to learn to live with the feeling.

Melrose is really a great band, one of my all time favourite gigs was Melrose in a small bar, there were only 20 or so people watching and the band played all night, and I mean all night. The bar was closing and they already switched the lights off, but the band kept playing. It was like a religious experience for me. If you can get your hands on the new Aki Kaurism?ki picture called Lights in the dusk, you should check it out, there's a scene with Melrose on it. I think they also play in Kaurism?ki's Hamlet, but it can be a bit more difficult to find.

Cool, I'll check out the movie. That's the same guy who did the Leningrad Cowboys movie, right? I discovered Melrose last year when they played a free open air show with some other Finnish bands here in the centre of Brussels. It was part of a cultural exchange thing to mark the beginning of Finland's EU presidency & Melrose rocked. They woulda blown the roof off if there'd been a roof! I can only imagine how that'd go down in a small bar.

To get back to the topic, today it's:

Mike Oldfield feat. Maggie Reilly - Moonlight Shadow

As Mr Steve Jones is a MIJ convert...

You've recently switched to Fernandes. Why was this?

Yeah. That's a guitar they've got called a Burny. It still looks like a Les Paul, they've made it look pretty much the same. The thing is, it's about a hundred times better! The way it plays and the sound. They're brilliant. Really good. And they fucking give me them! Gibson are c*nts, they never give me anything.

What, after all these years?

You'd think they would, wouldn't you? They can suck my cock!

God Save the Queen!

Latest posts

Back