1985 LS150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi! Have a look at this beauty! I brought it back from Soave. :D :D :D

I am just not 100% sure how this finish is really called. Any ideas?

Cheers! R

Top3.jpg

Top2.jpg

Top.jpg

Neckback.jpg

Neck2-1.jpg

Neck-1.jpg

Front.jpg

Bridge-1.jpg

Looks like CSB ... it's too red for OS ... 8)

... Congrats on this one, Rupert ... :lol: :lol:

BTW - has togps yet guitars left for sale ??? I guess, in the meantime you'll have got them all ... 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Roger

Is it really as red as in the photos? All the photos that I have taken of my LS-85 are too red. I think my guitar is either Violin Finish or Honey Sunburst, not sure either. But if the colour is exact, my best guess is also Cherry Sunburst. Btw, what's OS? Orange Sunburst?

Outsider said:
Btw, what's OS? Orange Sunburst?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OS = Old Sunburst ...

T5.jpg
[/img]

BTW ... my '85 LS150 in OS ... :wink:

... but you're right ... sometimes if using flash or in a bright sunlight the pics don't do justice the real color ... :-?

Roger

I would have said O/S and its a very nice colour to me one of the best :wink:

Hi tudor!

Gottfried still has some left.... but I am working on that.... :D

I guess the sunlight really coloured it too red. Must be OS, looks very similar to yours in reality.

Cheer! Rupert

Yeah...soz m8...didn't realize that I forgot to resize til after I posted.
My appologies to our dial-up buddies

Your old one yeah?
Nice flame from what I remember....a bit of quilting?
I'm saving up my pennies for a shiny,new LS85vf at the moment.

I made a little research on the Tokai colours, because I'm not sure what I have. Is there a Honey Sunburst LS in the 80-90-range? Or are they all Violin Finish? The catalogs had only VF. Link to a picture of my guitar:

http://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/21464.jpg

It's not quite that red in real life. Any ideas? Honey Sunburst? Violin Finish? It's 2005 btw...

Violin finish to me.It gets a little darker than real in pics,happened the same with my '02 LS-70VF it got darker when posted pics....

Rgafend, that's a colour that was used in the mid-eighties. Tokai called it VC for Vintage Cherry. I have an '84 LS60 in VC - it's identical to yours.

Novosel said:
Rgafend, that's a colour that was used in the mid-eighties. Tokai called it VC for Vintage Cherry. I have an '84 LS60 in VC - it's identical to yours.

Thanks ... you're right ... that's it !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't be O/S at all !!!

Roger

Latest posts

Back