The Rant!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
See if this don't get ya pumping your fist in the air ! The truth and nothing but! Beware of "colorful language"! http://www.lullabypit.com/blog.html

mmm... not convinced.

That's one hell of a hangover you'd be left with.

That guy should carry a health warning :
Beware quick fix prophet, ideas may appear initially attractive but your house, car and guitars may be at risk of repossesion if you attempt any of his stunts.
:eek:

GB

Tokaiguy - change your email addy in your profile. The old one keeps bouncing back.

Ned

My favorite :x rant, which many of you have probably read elsewhere, is this one from Pat Metheny on the music of Kenny G, for which Metheny was ripped by jazzers and G fans alike. But me, I like it! :D At least he speaks his mind.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/articles/arti0900_03.htm

Okay Pat! :eek: Well I have to agree with him about Kenny G and the "Product" he puts out, but he really has a right to freak on G for messing with Sachmo and his legacy! The Ken Burns series on Jazz makes it very clear that Louis Armstrong's talent and gifts were and still are a massive influence on all of music. Growing up around many jazz greats I know the admiration they all feel towards his contributions to music. Hey every day I but on some Clapton, a King, some Moore and play along , kinda guitar kareoke! But youll never hear one of these sessions anywhere but my house! The Kenny G boycott must have worked cause I haven't heard his "Stuff" in a long time! :p Hey Ned thanks for the heads up on my e-mail...that was an Old One!

P Diddy has already ripped the Police and Zep, but I kinda liked those versions! 8) and what about Tone Loc and his Van Halen sampled Wild Thing and the Funky Cold Medina? Best rip so far ...Amish Paradise by Weird Al! Pissed Coolio off but good! :D

A cherry sunburst MIJ Tokai Love Rock is not Rare! A black beauty Tokai custom is not rare! I see them everyday on Ebay! A steak that is cold and red in the middle is rare! A blow job on demand is Rare! A blues band at a mental institution BBQ is rare! And a great deal when you have a surplus of cash is rare! But 99% of the stuff for sale on Ebay,and at the local music store, or car lot aint Rare! or pre lawsuit! Thank you! But a Nova in Essex with an attached spoiler, now that is Rare! A Shout out to CB in E from TG!

SRV! - LAWSUIT!! - VINTAGE!!! - FLAME!!!! - '59!!!!!

carrots only 50p a pound

BUT! these aren't the new carrots but are the old *original* carrots !??!
Which must be great because er....... they're old!

GB

Hi Bob,

Was that a new one? Mine is an 81' model with the flower inlay on the headstock.

Lee,
Yes a new one, see under 'Tokai' at www.guitarvillage.co.uk it was reduced to ?639 for ?799 in their sale,with a case (not Tokai case). It was one of the few new Gibbo typeTokais they had in stock with 'correct' headstock shape.
They indicated to me that on the Saturday they sold more Tokais than just about anything else, mind you I was just purchasing the 'Breezsound' in the sale so perhaps it was just smalltalk.

BobW

Back