Old vs. new production Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to say. My Reborn and 05 LS80 play about the same but the Reborn just sounds like butter. Made in the same factory.

Which model against which?
I can say a 320 is better than a Reborn 80 for example....
Old ones a re really good guitars,very soft and lighter.New ones are good too......

I love my 1984 LS120....but I have my eye on a brand new LS85vf in the local guitar shop...they play very similar...the LS85 being just a shade brighter.
I've put one of my other guitars up for sale in the shop to fund the purchase :D

Well, the older gutiars are certainly more interesting to me, in appearance & collectability. I am sure you could find fine examples of both old and new, so your preference is most important :)

In quality to me there is no difference if you?re comparing ?bout equal models! The old ones are naturally aged :wink: and some are well played. But there is no reason saying new ones are better, or old ones are better!

Depends what you?re looking for!

I had a lotta customers here with old Tokais, all different models. Mid 80?s, 90?s ...............!

They all had that "japanese custom shop sound"!

:D :D :wink:

good on ya, "ACY"

ned said:
Hard to say. My Reborn and 05 LS80 play about the same but the Reborn just sounds like butter. Made in the same factory.

Oh. And what does butter sound like, exactly? :roll:

depends on how long you been taking it out of the fridge! :wink:

"ACY"

That's from an old SNL skit with Mike Myers call Coffee Talk in which he plays an Jewish woman from NY - which have very unique accents. The character always refers everything to Barbara Streisand who as she says "sounds like melted butter".

Basically it's just really smooth and has this perfect singing distortion to it. Sustains forever - which brings to mind a Spinal Tap scene.

........it's just really smooth and has this perfect singing distortion to it.......

That?s the same what I?d associate with "butter" sound!

Each Tokai Love Rock?s having its own sound! Mostly very good!

good on ya mates ............ "ACY"

Hi ACY!

As Gottfried said:

Good man!

Cheers und Gr?ss Gott!
Rup

Any ST-100 around your edge?

Hi Rup!
ST-100? What do ya mean? (make a google search with ST-100 and Guitar!)

nice day to Austria, "ACY"

ned said:
That's from an old SNL skit with Mike Myers call Coffee Talk in which he plays an Jewish woman from NY - which have very unique accents. The character always refers everything to Barbara Streisand who as she says "sounds like melted butter".

Basically it's just really smooth and has this perfect singing distortion to it. Sustains forever - which brings to mind a Spinal Tap scene.

Oh, ok. Better watch your cholesterol with that! :wink:

Latest posts

Back