What does you wife say?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ... perhaps interesting:

In the past my wife more or less ignored my Gs and Fs, or just complaied about them needing too much space.

When I got my first Breezy (just a few months ago) she gave it a name (Roswitha, because of the gorgeous Candy Red finish).

Now she baptizes every Tokai I buy (3 Breezies, an ES130 and some 10 LSs; growing...). It's always a good reason for a nice bottle of wine too. :lol:

So somehow she accepted my Tokai-GAS.

What really pisses her off is the amount of amps I own. :p :p :p

Recently added a ES 155 NAT to the collection which makes it up to 4 ,only one more slot to fill the rack looking forward to a LR 150 then finshed.
My wife always says can we talk about them before to buy them!!!!
Must say did on the latest, not sure how to get around the LS150 ANY IDEAS LADS!!!!!! :wink:

Mrs Glamrockmegastar actually purchased my Burny for me!

I pointed it out in the shop and had it presented to me a few days later as an anniversary gift. She appreciates a fine axe and is encouraging a white custom I have my eye on. It has to be "pretty" though. "Firebirds are ugly" so I cant have one!

My work colleague however...

Greco SG 61RI - told wife it was borrowed from a friend.
Amplifier - lives in his office
Gibbo LP Jr - told wife it was $200 from a pawnshop!

My wife is real cool about my gear purchases. But my buddy has a lot of his stuff shipped to my house so he can sneak it in. :lol:

you wouldn't believe some of the requests I've had from buyers, concerning their purchases, and where I should ship them to just to keep it a secret from the wife or a girlfriend; amazing stuff, and somewhat depressing.......

thankfully I'm not married so, I don't have a wife around to voice an opinion that I couldn't care less about 8)

Not mine....

but relevant
bikeforsale.gif

:D

maybe his wife knows that it's almost impossible to ride a GSXR1000 with both wheels on the ground at same time ....

Years ago I had a brand new 1986 Honda VFR, a 700cc V4 monster; front wheel stayed off the ground as much as possible, and 144 MPH top speed..........backup pair of underwear costs extra :lol:

maybe the wife wants you to stay around for a while, instead of being road kill........................

MIJvintage said:
Years ago I had a brand new 1986 Honda VFR, a 700cc V4 monster; front wheel stayed off the ground as much as possible, and 144 MPH top speed

Your VFR made about 85HP and weighed 225 or more kilos, I think?

The bike in the ad has 185HP and weighs 170 kilos. The top-speed is only kept below 190mph by an electronic limiter.

Bikes have come a long way since my first - an early '60s Royal Enfield that was already geriatric in 1972.

MIJvintage said:
thankfully I'm not married so, I don't have a wife around to voice an opinion that I couldn't care less about 8)

Ditto, but I only own three guitars anyway.

"How many pairs of shoes do you own?" is the atom bomb. Sure, it's a quick and easy win but you'll have to deal with the fallout...

[comic book guy] Don't try to change me, baby. [/comic book guy]

Jimbob78 said:
You're really putting me off getting married in the future :p

Don't do it!! :wink:

I seem to get away with my ever increasing guitar collection, but for some reason I get it in the neck about amps??

My missus is great about my gear.

I have way too many guitars and I turned up with a new one last weekend. "OK" was her response :D

She's fine with bikes too as we both have one 8)

It's what makes me "me", and I've been into guitars since before she knew me so she can't really question my actions!

My band own our own rehearsal/recording studio and all my gear(except for a couple of guitars) lives there.
My friendly neighborhood guitar shop extends me interest free credit with no limit so anything I "purchase" goes straight to the band room and the wife has no idea just how much crap i currently own.
She's a mushroom :D

Back